By poorcollegestudent - 30/10/2009 20:32 - Canada

Today, I went to my university bookstore and tried to use my debit card to pay, but got the "Insufficient Funds" notification. I was buying a single postage stamp, which costs 57 cents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 198
You deserved it 9 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

One time when I was 16, I wrote a check and got charged 30 dollars by the bank for overdrawing my account. What was the magical purchase? A soda... for $1.05. Life lesson learned: learn to balance your account! So you'll have money to spend, even for silly things like stamps, sodas, or whatever.

You used a debit card to buy one stamp!? I'm surprised they'd even consider accepting it.

Comments

They wouldn't let you use a debit card. They would have actually lost money if they did.

why were you using your debit card for fifty something cents? just to let you know, the charge the bank charges for the transaction probably cost more than the stamp.. ydi

postaltubealex 0

i must say i can sympathise with this person. once my card declined, albeit for a university textbook, and i had never been so embarrassed in my entire life.

jetranger778 0

lol. every one in Alberta is stupid. oil sucking retards!

CanadasTX 0

Shut up. So yes, this was a stupid FML. Alberta is not a completely idiotic province. Where are you from? Some hick town in Saskatchewan?

deelightful 0

You're a moron. You can't pay for anything under a dollar with a debit card. That's why it said insufficient funds. Why do you have a debit card if you don't even know how it works? And who buys just one stamp? FAKE!

gz_fml 0

I go to college and I never have cash on me. That is the purpose of my debit card. To take the place of cash. I have made extremely small purchases on my debit card because I carry no cash. Its not dumb to make those purchases. With myself I find it easier to keep track of my money in debit form rather than cash, I'm less likely to spend it on frivolous things or even lose it.

Just be glad it told you and you weren't charged the overdraft fee