By Anonymous - 10/06/2016 21:29 - United States - Westfield

Today, I went to my father's house to get my dog, since I had left it with him while I was on a business trip. When I got there, my dad said the dog pooped on the floor a few days ago, and so he took him to the pound. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 109
You deserved it 1 005

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe if you can go to the pound and explain the situation to them, they'll let you have your dog back? Either way, I think you should talk to your father and tell him that that's not okay. You know, like a 5 year old. Or spray him with a water bottle, you know, like a cat.

If anyone should be taken to the pound it's your dad.

Comments

omfg, i would kill my dad if he pulled that shit with me, i'd take the thing he loved most and destroy it, like his tv and pc. i'd completely trash his house, key his car and slit all 4 tires....................... thank god i've not seen my father in over 20 years!!

My dad did the same thing to my first dog...I never saw him again. I hope you get your dog back OP.

Well your dad is a piece of crap. Run him over

Once I was sitting one of my girlfriends dog. Little Grace ... But she was not so graceful. My girlfriend had zero dog experience and had not trained the wee doggie at all. So the damn thing went on walks with me for an hour, which consisted of nothing but her pulling in all different directions or me dragging her along or carrying her home ... only so that she could squat on the carpet the second we got in the door. I really wanted to bring that little shit to the pound, but I didn't ... instead I broke up with my girlfriend right when she got back. And I ended up paying $400 to have the carpets cleaned ... So I can somewhat understand OPs dad. He did something not so popular, but maybe it was the only thing he could do. And for OP, they should have known if their dad was capable of handling the dog and the associated "accidents" and then made different arrangements if they weren't confident.

askullnamedbilly 33

Really, the only thing? Because I can think of at least three possible solutions if the dog was too difficult too handle: 1. Take the dog to a doggy day care and have the OP pay for the costs 2. Call up another family member or friend to take the dog in 3. Call OP and tell them to come back early from their trip. If you take a dog someone else TRUSTED you to take care of to the pound, where they could be euthanized before the owner comes back to pick them up, you're a worthless piece of garbage. It's really that simple.

I feel like crying just thinking about losing my dog. I sure hope you can get it back, OP! If my dad did something that awful, I would likely never speak to him again!

Can someone explain to me what a pound is (ps I'm just a random British guy don't kill me )

It's an animal shelter and usually refers to ones that aren't very good.

Omg! That's awful. Did you get your dog back??

Depending where you live, it's illegal for someone to surrender your animal without written consent from you (that's the case where I live, and I thought it was national). If that's the case, you can take legal action against your father for what he did. Most animal shelters also have to hold strays for a few days, so if he surrendered your dog as a stray you may still find him there. Good luck OP!