By Anonymous - 14/10/2015 13:21 - United States - Smithville

Today, I went to my cousin's house. I left my bag on the couch as my aunt instructed, only for my cousin to take it and throw it into the swimming pool. My laptop, textbooks and notes were soaked. My exam is in a week, and my aunt won't punish her perfect little angel. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 322
You deserved it 1 811

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Matayaz 16

Comments

Honestly I would never usually say this but I agree with what a lot of people are saying on the concept of getting your aunt to pay the damages either in or out of court. Laptops cost a lot and books (depending on where you get them and how many) can cost from $100-700. Not to mention how much emotional stress that losing all of your work and notes for an exam can do. I honestly wouldn't care if one of my aunts punished the kid or not [though I still think that kid deserved an old fashion spanking. I would've gotten my ass turned bright red if I ever did that to one of my cousins] I'd still ask for the money to at least help replace all of the stuff lost just cause that stuff is expensive and most college students do NOT have the money to buy both a new laptop and new textbooks (even used ones) [I should know I am a college student right now]. I hope things work out for you and you have someone to at least help you pass the exam for now.

This is where small claims court is your friend. Usually only costs $20 to file, you can sue for up to $5000. It may take months, just keep your records. Take pictures of the ruined things, get tape of the aunt talking about her kid doing it, get copies of receipts or original costs for all the books, laptop, etc. By the time the case comes up, have the cost for the class you payed for and may have to retake. It may take awhile, but she WILL pay, and hopefully the stress of waiting for this to play out will teach the stupid woman a lesson.

I normally don't jump on the lawsuit bandwagon, but in this instance, I'd say it's a perfectly reasonable small claims case.

Drown that little ******. (Don't actually kill anyone.)