By Vac - 05/04/2009 14:12 - United States

Today, I went to my boyfriend's house to meet his parents. They informed me they were lawyers throughout the meal, which explained the gorgeous house. My boyfriend excitedly told them I was promoted manager at my job. They asked where I work. I work at Burger King. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 592
You deserved it 8 720

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He EXCITEDLY said you were promoted to manager. He's proud of you! YDI because it isn't bad. Don't be bummed.

Hey, you gotta start somewhere. Hopefully his parents understand that. Odds are they were in similar positions early on, too.

Comments

designedlikedice 0

In this economy, ANY job is better than no job. And manager position? That's pretty good - assuming you're in late-teens to mid-twenties.

Don't compare your achievements to others. Enjoy them for what they are, don't disparage them for what they are not. Obviously your boyfriend has learned this lesson. He's proud of his parents for what THEY are and he's proud of YOU for what YOU are! Hold your head high and be proud of your accomplishments.

unless your 40 this is a plus, calm down.

#11 is wise. Even if you wanted to stay there the rest of your life, who is anyone else to judge? It's all about being happy and liking what you do. I've known plenty of people making $80k plus who are miserable in their jobs.

The_Cait 0

What's so bad about that? They're a generation older than you and they have better jobs...what a shock ::sarcasm::! Don't worry so much =). You HAVE a job, and a good position in that job. That's nothing to be ashamed of.

work is work - you shouldnt be ashamed of what you do for a living:) its not like youre stealing or sth like that...

if you're a kid, which I'm assuming you are since your bf lives with his parents, there's nothing wrong with working at BK.. especially if you're a manager.

goodnesssss 0

well, atleast your boyfriend was excited for you! he doesn't care where you work:]

For all you age people out there: age doesn't matter. BK manager at 40 is still being a BK manager. What matters is that an accomplishment is an accomplishment and her boyfriend is wise enough to recognize that. And before anybody says that I'm just defending myself, I don't work fast foods. I'm a lawyer and have been many other things in my day. And I've been proud of each and every job....even the times I DID work in fast food.