By f my lifw - 07/04/2015 15:43 - United States - King Of Prussia

Today, I went to buy some makeup. As I was checking out, the cashier said, "You're going to need more than that to cover up that face." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 244
You deserved it 3 020

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well that was rude. I don't understand why people think it's acceptable to comment on people's appearance in such a derogatory way.

And whatever her excuse will be, it won't be able to cover up her story for saying that. Bring it up to her boss.

Comments

dontlookman 20

Say "you're going to need it more Than me" and punch them for being an asshole. Sorry OP

mmmxr 11

She should of said "and you need to eat some makeup so you can be pretty on the inside b****"

Take your business somewhere else. I hate ignorant people.

I don't think ignorant means what you think it means.

I know what I meant and I know what I was trying to say thank you.

alrightythen12 1

Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated. That is from the dictionary so she did use the word properly because the sales person was obviously lacking customer service knowledge. Don't try to be mean ane make someone else look dumb until you have done research.

It's not the fact that they lack knowledge its the fact she was being rude..please don't comment acting like your right..when clearly you're being ignorant to what we're talking about ...

#41 you failed horribly at proving your point. She used ignorant as many people misuse it, as rude. You actually supported the comment saying it was the incorrect use.

41- I think they were going for 'arrogant'.

#27 I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Actually #53 the initial commenter used it right and that explanation used by #41 is right too. The cashier *lacks customer service knowledge* which makes him ignorant. You don't say out loud what you think about someone, it's rude but also *ignorant* because you should know better than to insult someone for no reason, even worse since she's a customer. Cashier is both ignorant and rude in this case.

I like how everyone on fml hunt for comment mistakes and argue the shit out of it to prove a point

Well that was rude. I don't understand why people think it's acceptable to comment on people's appearance in such a derogatory way.

Agreed! It's horrible in general let alone to a customer at work, if she gets fired, good luck getting another job with that place as a reference

Steffi3 40

How are so many rude people still employed?

I know right? I'd fight to get that asshole fired !

Report to her manager or the owner. There's absolutely no need for that level of disrespect.

I really hope you said something to the manager. That is not something you say to a customer. I would have made a scene.

Novadi 22

You can use your fist to cover up the cashier's face.

"And you're gonna need a bigger gag to hide your stupidity."