By lat187 - 12/11/2015 01:12 - United States

Today, I went to a salon to have my eyebrows waxed. During the application the woman sneezed. The wax is not water based, so no matter what they tried, it would not come out of my eyebrows. I now have to decide whether leave the noticeable brown wax in my eyebrows or wax them all off and draw them in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 194
You deserved it 1 937

lat187 tells us more.

lat187 18

Top comment wins: I now have two mustaches on my face!! She sneezed away from me, thankfully not in my face. I felt the wax go everywhere. For some reason her gut reaction was to put the waxing paper on my eyebrow. Which made things a lot more difficult because they couldn't get to the wax. So they had to pick at the paper and peel that off the best they could. They tried warm compresses, and I'm not sure what different solvents they tried, but they did not work. My eye/face was getting so irritated I finally just told them I needed to leave. My friend helped me with baby oil which after a lot of patience worked. I'm still missing some parts. Thankfully they already called to offer me some various complimentary services.

Top comments

Have the woman give you a free body massage as compensation for waxing off your eyebrow.

Comments

Have the woman give you a free body massage as compensation for waxing off your eyebrow.

Could they try heating your eyebrows up and very carefully remove as much as they can while it's warm?

or shave it out if possible. You dont want to wax it all, it all might not grow back! Waxing makes hair grow slower and finer. Shaving will mean it will grown faster too!

UserError94 18

Oh man. I hope they offered some compensation of some sort, like some free waxes or something. Hey at least you can draw them on. Consider tattooing them on though, it doesn't look tacky like it used to. They can look very realistic.

SuperMew 22

Would you trust them with your eyebrows again?

Yeah.. I wouldn't trust them again for waxing. OP did say it was a salon, perhaps they could finagle a different free salon service for compensation.

Yes because an uncontrollable bodily function is a sign of incompetency.

If a surgeon sneezes and accidentally makes what would have been a near invisible incision, a life long and obvious scar, would you just say "oh, accidents happen?" probably not. You'd expect some form of compensation.

sylvienoir 18

Except that wasn't surgery. Having your brows waxed and a huge scar are two totally different things. That's like if McDonald's messed up your order and you rationalize freaking out on them with, "Well, what if NASA had messed up the moon landing?" It's just not comparable.

Still, losing an eyebrow is several weeks worth of damage. I know it's not comparable to surgery, but having 1 eyebrow is a problem.

addioty 19

I've been drawing in my eyebrows for 3 years due to over plucking. I feel you. It takes forever :(

graceinsheepwear 33

People have had success regrowing them using men's Rogaine. I'm using it now twice a day and it seems to be working. Google for more info.

Wow, I must be very lucky then with my eyebrows since the grow back again within a week.

steam_engenius 21

That's only if you've been over-plucking for years, though. Right?

I second this, the oil should remove the wax easily. I would not completely wax them and draw them on, it's a never ending cycle.

Yes!! Baby oil always helps me to get the stray wax off of my face!

They make wax remover.... all salons should have it by the station to remove excess and residue....not good of them if they didn't.

Go buy some store bought wax. It has oil based liquid that comes with it that helps get the wax off. Also I would recommend threading if you go to a salon so something like this doesn't happen again!

. . . So do you have still have the eyebrow or not? I cannot rest until I get an answer!