By Cuppycake - 04/05/2011 05:33 - Canada

Today, I went on a first date with a guy. He parked his truck and reached in his door side pocket and grabbed a little black zippered bag. Seeing this, I burst out laughing saying, "Wow, what's that, your change purse?" He replied, "No, I'm diabetic, this is my blood sugar monitor." FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 766
You deserved it 89 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nice, not only was the joke bad to begin with but then you find out he is a diabetic, you kind of deserved that one.

robc32ca 4

wow. kind of explains why you were on a date instead of in a relationship...

Comments

Everyone makes bad jokes, but I still don't see why a small zippered bag would cause a joke urge in the first place...

todder45 0

that's funny as shit....do u think he'll ask u on a second date? lol

wazdog 4

Boohoo the guy has diabetes. Sure it shouldn't be something to poke fun at but I don't see the big deal. If the date was offended by her bad joke, I'd say good riddance.

If you're hot that doesn't matter. He will bang you and then toss you to the curb. If you're not, then FHisL, and YDI!

cambam707 3

you are really insecure aren't you

jculp 0

im diabetec type 1 and this is offensive

No, it's not. I'm type 1 also. You can't just expect people to know about a disease that they probably had no prior experience with. Though OP deserves it for bursting out laughing... even if it was a change purse, it's disrespectful to her date.

OhMeShell 3

Seriously dude, I don't get it either. I used to have to carry a blood sugar monitor and wasn't embarrassed about it... Granted, I'm a chick, and I can put it in my purse. Even so, unless he has some weird monitor or one that is 20 years old, I guarantee that it's small enough to fit in his pocket if he is that butt hurt about being seen with it. Unless, of course, he wears tight ass skinny jeans with no (or tiny) pockets, and in that case, he should be embarrassed already. Regardless, the reason for him carrying the bag has nothing to do with the joke that she made, no matter what was in the bag. She obviously didn't really think it was a change purse or she wouldn't have said it. *sigh*

she should be demeaning him on the first date or any date for that matter... that's ****** up op - I hope he dumps you on your ass