By Anonymous - 04/07/2009 01:45 - United States

Today, I watched my best friend get married to the guy I have been in love with since the 8th grade. I was the maid of honor, and had to give a toast to the couple. FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 464
You deserved it 17 685

Same thing different taste

Top comments

...sounds like a plot to a romantic comedy....

Comments

WAIT!!! How would your best friend not know? you guys don't tell each other everything? :| forget it, YDI

You're a bitch if you cant be happy for your friend..

Should have said something about it if you didn't. If you did, then it obviously wouldn't have worked out.

noshitsherlock 0

YOU DESERVE IT. What's the point of being obsessed with someone for so long and NEVER having the spine to say or do anything? I'm not saying you should be a homewrecker, I'm saying you should have told him a long time ago or MOVE ON. Geez... Stories like this are so creepy.

agree, except the creepy part, if u don't have enough courage to tell him u love him (which i doubt) then don't complain and don't expect him to wait for you forever. Now is time to move on...or move out of the state/country

seriously....if you're that passionate about him, you'll at least address the situation so you don't go insane, i know i would. **** being shy, if you really LOVE someone, you're going to find a way to tell them sooner or later, and if you don't, YOU MISSED THE BOAT. you need to confront feelings that are so deep they could be in a damn movie

rosto16 0

YDI...you should've given him some BEFORE your friend did

Seriously? You let him get away and it's too bad because at some point he probably thought about it. You must not love enough if you never said anything. Either you have a shitty friend or you did some serious suppression of feelings because I would never become involved with the person my best friend is in love with. You didn't get the guy so now you move on. Life goes on and so does love. You'll find it and get it.

i think you should have talked to him about this, but it's too late.

Equinox987 0

Think it's time to let go when your best friend marries your love interest. It's cliche but totally true to say there really are plenty more fish in the sea. Move on!

agreed. you've probably idealized this guy wayy too much. also, have you not been dating at all since 8th grade? if not, its time to start. if you have been then...keep looking. i'm sure you'll find yourself at least a teeny bit attracted to someone else, go for it.

I hate to say this, because I am a romantic and I love love stories and whatnot, but you deserve it for not speaking up sooner. I know it's hard for people to confess their feelings to another person because of fears that that other person may not feel the same and/or that it might ruin the friendship, but this FML shows that it's much better to just put it out there and get it off your chest than to keep it inside. If the other person doesn't feel the same, things can still be alright. I have had close friends confess their feelings to me, and when I didn't feel the same, I would just say so in the nicest way possible. Nothing ended up weird because of it. It's only weird if you make it weird or if the other person isn't mature enough to handle it well, in which case, they might not be worth liking anyway.

How d'you know she didn't? I've liked the same girl since 10th grade. I'm graduated now. She knows I like her, but she doesn't want to date me right now (seriously, that isn't just a light let-down, she'd like to, but doesn't want to right now because it'd be complicated as hell). So I'm still waiting. Hell, I respect you, OP. FYL. This shit hurts, and we both know it.

8th grade? You don't know how to love when you're 14.