By anonymous - 16/07/2015 22:21 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I watched a young shop assistant try her hardest to flirt with my 20-year-old son. When he continued to be totally oblivious, she outright invited him back to her flat. When he asked, "What for?" a piece of my soul died at how completely I have failed as a father. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 190
You deserved it 5 164

Top comments

"Wanna come **** me?" "Err...what are the benefits?"

Some people are just completely oblivious about flirting, doesn't mean they don't know about sex. Besides, it may be all a show because his dad is right there! It's awkward.

Comments

Haha I went to a church camp with my family and this girl invited me to her tent that night not knowing the lady I was standing next to was my very religious mother, for my own survival I had to pretend to be oblivious

To be honest your boy did good, I wouldn't want to sleep with someone who invites random people to her house

PotusDestroyer 1

Why would you invite someone who's virtually a complete stranger back to your flat??

tarlax 11

For casual sex, you derpshit. Jesus, what a terrible comment.

Same thing happened to me awhile back at BestBuy. I was getting special screen protection added to my iPad and there were 2 girls trying to fix it since it's hard to put on. They kept looking at me then blushing and giggling then said something about a milkshake before checking me out...didn't realize until I was told they were flirting that they were. I thought they were just really thirsty and wanted a milkshake. ? Yes I'm oblivious and that wasn't the first time something like this happened.

"My son doesn't want to **** a stranger. What a disappointment."

It's also possible he might have an Autism Spectrum Disorder, and has difficulty recognizing the social cues of flirting.

It's also possible he might have an Autism Spectrum Disorder, and therefore he may not recognize the social cues of flirting.

So, just because your son didn't want to sleep with a stranger you think you failed as a father? Wow, that is the dumbest thing I have read in a long time

Ianamis 6

I think a lot of you are missing the point. His son is misses the cues of what she wants. That is why he thinks he failed as a father not,because he didn't want to sleep with her,but due to the fact that he isn't getting it.

TallMist 32

Or maybe he's purposely acting ignorant. Or maybe he just doesn't get the idea of people wanting to **** with random strangers.

Or he could have been preoccupied with something else, or has actual standards and ignored her. Not all men are horndogs who will **** any woman with a ******, and actually do have standards of what their perfect woman will be like.