By anonymous - 16/07/2015 22:21 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I watched a young shop assistant try her hardest to flirt with my 20-year-old son. When he continued to be totally oblivious, she outright invited him back to her flat. When he asked, "What for?" a piece of my soul died at how completely I have failed as a father. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 190
You deserved it 5 164

Top comments

"Wanna come **** me?" "Err...what are the benefits?"

Some people are just completely oblivious about flirting, doesn't mean they don't know about sex. Besides, it may be all a show because his dad is right there! It's awkward.

Comments

NineeCat 32

Not going to a random girls home to have meaningless sex?? Some people would find this admirable.

sailorarctic 22

Have hope OP. Maybr he was only acting clueless cause he wasn't interested. O maybe he's gay and just hasn't been able to come out to you yet.

I was the same way at that age. Flirting hard for me to understand and didn't realize someone was flirting with me until it was too late. Don't lose hope. I got married at 21 and just celebrated my 21st anniversary. He'll find his way.

Yeah because your son is male and therefore should try to spend all his time sleeping with women. Maybe he didn't find her attractive.

He's a true innocent. Or maybe he hit his head alot as a child.

devans00 14

Or the guy could be gay. Maybe he's not interested?

Maybe he found it to be awkward with you standing there. Or perhaps he is uninterested.

You only fail as a father because you want your son to go **** a stranger.