By anonymous - 16/07/2015 22:21 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I watched a young shop assistant try her hardest to flirt with my 20-year-old son. When he continued to be totally oblivious, she outright invited him back to her flat. When he asked, "What for?" a piece of my soul died at how completely I have failed as a father. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 190
You deserved it 5 164

Top comments

"Wanna come **** me?" "Err...what are the benefits?"

Some people are just completely oblivious about flirting, doesn't mean they don't know about sex. Besides, it may be all a show because his dad is right there! It's awkward.

Comments

While any number of things may be true, there is always the chance the obvious is instead. My mother had to tell me that my best friend had a giant crush on me. Two women were simultaneously trying to gain my attention. The only time in my life that has ever or will ever happen, and I was dense as a brick to it all for nearly a month.

It's okay. I had an interesting chat the other day with the guy I used to have a a serious crush on when we were teenagers. Turns out he had a crush on me back then as well, but I didn't realize he was flirting with me. So he took that as a sign that I wasn't interested, and gave up. Guess you and I are both pretty oblivious, 98.

Maybe your son has standards and morals.

Better that than your son knocking girls up and getting std's because he's banging everything that moves. Use it as a teaching point

I lost it at "a piece of my soul died" lmao

Depending on the girl...you might have done well OP...

danimal_crackerz 26

I know for me, if I had my dad around I'd act the same, maybe come back later? XD also, may be his way of turning her down, maybe he thought she was annoying/ugly or already has interest?

outfielder55 17
danimal_crackerz 26

Maybe that's more of a success of a father that he did that because he didn't wanna go bang some random chick?

Maybe your son didn't want to have sex with this girl? I think you may have your priorities backwards OP