By LoadingMeows - 23/09/2016 01:17 - United States

Today, I was written up. Too many customers complained that I don't wear makeup or do my hair. I got written up for being ugly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 868
You deserved it 1 916

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are they stupid? There's no way that's legal.

neuronerd 28

Where on earth do you work? I mean, I could understand maybe if you don't wash or brush your hair and it's a hygiene issue, but I can't think of any place where makeup would be mandatory or a thing people would complain about.

Comments

What is wrong with all the people here telling OP that she deserved it? A good presentation doesn't depend on makeup or on spending at least half an hour to give yourself a fancy hairdo. No job should require makeup or a specific hairdo or also high heels. Just look clean.

Used to be a leasing consultant and it was in the employee handbook that females were required to wear make up.

Momperella 5

I work in a high end jewellers. They can make me wear heels and a dress They can make me replace my blazer if it shrinks They can even make me brush my hair They CANNOT make me wear make up. Ever.

If 40 is the new 30, and Orange is the new Blsck, then Any day now, ugly will be the new sexy. And then we'll be in business. Chin (or chins) up!

I used to get the same complaints when I was a Hooters girl.

not legal, if they have an issue with your appearance they can tell you about it, they can't actually write you up on account of it. I would consult a lawyer if they try to fire you for this write up!

atomicxsarah 17

I find this hard to believe and bet there's more to the story. You probably got written up for bad hygiene like greasy hair. No one gets written up for not wearing makeup. That's ridiculous.

Aaaaaand that's why in Korea they require plastic surgery for most job positions in customer areas.

Yeah, such as flight attendants, but they are hired as models to work the job in their contract I'm pretty sure. ( I might be wrong about this and instead am thinking of certain jobs in the U.S. that hire based on looks and require plastic surgery)

nykkilynn16 7

Pretty sure that in the US, you can file a complaint over this.