By kilo1_13 - 04/06/2009 01:35 - United States

Today, I was working at my retail job. A customer stopped me on my way to break saying "someone" had broken a snow globe. She showed me where it was and I cleaned it up with her circling me. I finished and put the cleaning supplies away when I heard a 'crash' as the same woman dropped another snow globe. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 055
You deserved it 2 521

Same thing different taste

Top comments

noshitsherlock 0

That sucks. I HATED working retail (part time). RUDE, STUPID people, and you don't even get tipped. Or morons who can't read, "But the sign says..." NO, it DOESN'T, go learn how to read. Geez, the general public is so stupid.

Wow. I hope she was made to pay for the ones she broke. :/

Comments

ChasinParkedCars 0

did you check to see it wasn't your ex..?

DarkMirror 0

A lot of things need the label "WARNING: Do not handle if stupid" on them. I'll add snowglobes to the list.

kellster 2

I hope you/your manager made her pay for them both!!!! I hate retail for this very reason! FYL indeed! :(

Tell the woman to get the **** out of the store!

patray_angel 0

I think I sometimes give too many people the benefit of the doubt. I wonder if it is possible the first one she really didn't break, she did afterall come and tell you that one of them was broke. I would most people wouldn't bother to say anything and just leave the store had they broke something. If she did actually break them both, part of me wonders if she did it on purpose, but if that were the case, I doubt she would break the 2nd one in front of you. As far as you heading to break, I doubt she knew you were on break. Most stores have a "you break it, you buy it policy" so if anything, you can at least make her pay for the 2nd one, unless you have proof she broke the first one, ie an eye witness or she was caught on camera...

I also work in retail and it really makes you hate people. You would think that after the first snow globe fell she would have an eye for the next one. Even if she didn't break it she was aware of its possibility and she should be more careful. Ohh, the things i bet you would've liked to have said to her!

wolfman2012 0