By ouch - 28/04/2012 06:54 - United States - Fullerton

Today, I was with a friend at the mall and I made eye contact and smiled at the worker at a smoothie stand that I went on a date with last year. He saw me, and then ducked down behind the register, where he remained while his coworker awkwardly leaned over him to take my order and money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 848
You deserved it 3 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Make it more awkward and have a conversation with him while he's down there.

Comments

comeatmebroo6254 1

I wouldn't take it too personally. Maybe his boss was behind you !

Steve95401 49

You must have made quite an impression on him.

KatherineAnne 7

Haha I always have mine on me. I'm assuming the date went well! ;)

All the people saying it's OP's fault need to consider this - Regardless of why the guy did that, the fact is, he behaved unprofessionally while at work. If he was racist and did that to a black/Hispanic/Asian whatever person, he'd get fired for discrimination. It doesn't matter what happened between OP and this guy, he behaved like an idiot (and that was very immature) while at work and should be reprimanded for it.

A smoothie stand is professional? Why pull out the race card? This had nothing to do with it. It was simply a guy avoiding a girl because he didn't care for her on a past date. Big deal.

shannonjnae2706 0

Wow. That was mean of him:( I'm sure your a wonderful person and any jerk has to be blind not to see that

bethanael 13

What did you do to that poor guy?

hateevryone 14

Sorry OP but YDI. Why would you go order a smoothie from his stand when he was obviously trying to avoid you? That's just asking for an awkward moment if you ask me.

Or she wanted a smoothie and that was the only place to get one. It sounds like to me that he was the one who made it awkward by hiding behind the counter. He could have been more mature about it after all she is a paying customer.

yozakura06 2

Omfg what did you do to him That poor thing lol xD