By Anonymous - 17/02/2016 02:45 - Canada - Brampton

Today, I was threatened to be held back because of the lack of teacher-parent communication. My parents refuse to sign my report card because of my one mark below ninety percent. My teacher was dead serious about failing me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 824
You deserved it 1 464

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Am I the only one who thinks your parents are more bitchier than your teacher?

Surely the teacher can't fail you if you're one mark below 90, is there no other communication besides your report card? I'm sure if it was important your teacher could call or email...

Comments

pretty sure ur teacher can't do that. I work in a 2nd grade classroom and we have a student who can't read or write and does barely any work, never does homework but we can't keep him behind because the school would lose funding...

I'm sorry for your job, but schools like that should be shut down. Going to school and graduating is not the same as getting an education anymore because of stuff like this. Someone has to take a stand. EDUCATION is important. KNOWLEDGE is power. Having a signed piece of paper at the end of high school means nothing.

Too bad you don't live in America. They almost refuse to hold anyone back anymore because of No Child Left Behind.

Schools should go back to bell-curve grading with standard deviations. This "A or unacceptable" grading system does not distinguish students that are truly performing above the rest and allows students that shouldn't pass to continue with no foundation. "C" is supposed to be average, yet it is reserved for lesser students, especially in public education. I can't say I know much about the Canadian system of education, but universally it must be accepted that some students are better than others and that's okay.

NehNehPwn 20

I don't know where you are from, but in Ontario (where op is from) a B is average, not C.

NehNehPwn 20

Seeing your location (not certain about the states), that is illegal! Talk to the principal and get it fixed.

There's something wrong with a school policy where a student gets punished because the parents and teachers don't communicate well

Your parents sound like idiots I'm a mom of three.....I would never refuse to sign a report card cause of a grade you talk to the teacher and your kid not what they are doing plus your teacher sounds like a wanker

Your Asian aren't you Meant to be a joke no butt hurts please

Talk to the principal. If she wants to talk to your parents she should contact them.