By Pissed - 21/10/2009 10:05 - New Zealand

Today, I was standing in the gas station, pulling out my wallet to pay the $100 of gas I just filled my car with. I opened my wallet and found a note saying "borrowed money for food". FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 401
You deserved it 4 314

Same thing different taste

Comments

pitbulllove 0

that's awfull. how'd you manage that with the gas station?

Move over. We are married to the same person.

1. you pay first before pumping or else people can just steal gas. 2. what the hell do you drive? a hummer?! my stepdad's van gets filled with at most $50 of gas. 3. eh your life sucks. big deal.

1. About half of America and almost every other country is pump then pay. 2. That's per liter... So only 1/3-1/4 of a gallon. You do the math. And I drive a Mercedes that requires premium fuel and have paid $60 for a full tank before. 3. There's a button for that. And yes, not having $100 when you just spent it is a big deal. That looks like you're stealing.

Gasoline in NZ is around $1.20 (USD) per liter. With the present exchange rate, he put around 15-20 US Gallons in the vehicle.

Most places outside of the US still have pump then pay because they don't have the issue of people driving off without paying.

ozymandias_fml 0

So... what's the problem? Pay with your debit or credit card, and collect the money later from whoever you let steal your money.

ozymandias_fml 0

Where are all you pay-before-pumpers from? I live in the USA, and the only time I paid first was when I was paying at the pump. How do you know how much to pay if you pay first? What if you pay too much? too little? Why go to the register twice? Why not pump, then pay, and have the store not act like you are a criminal?

If you pay too much, you go back and get your change. If you pay too little, you go back in and pay some more. Pretty simple. I live in Delaware and I've never seen a place where you pump before you pay. The risk of stealing gas is just too high, especially in a time where money is tight and gas is expensive.

ozymandias_fml 0

Why would you shop at a place treating you like a criminal -- and requiring you to wait in line not once -- but twice? They have security cameras, and filing a gas theft is pretty simple.

Pump and then pay where I am from, then again, in New Jersey people pump the gas for you. XD

That sounds like...fun? It's rare (not unheard of, just rare) for people to steal gas where I'm from, so we still have pump then pay.

Because I've never been somewhere that allowed you to pump then pay :P

In the USA, most places either you pay first if you have cash, or if you have a Debit/Credit Card, you swipe it, and fill up your tank until the gas pump automatically shuts off..

I don't know of any gas station that would let you pump the gas BEFORE paying. That's just silly. This is either fake or you live in some ridiculous part of the world.

ozymandias_fml 0

Since when is "USA" ridiculous? the OP is from New Zealand, but I can verify that every station I ever paid cash at in the USA allowed pump-the-pay. What is ridiculous is guessing how much gas you need, and then waiting in line, paying, pumping, then waiting in line again to pay or collect the difference. My time is worth much more than that to me, as is my self respect.

In Jersey the attendents pump the gas first then ask for my method of payment. The only place I've been to where I had to pay first then pump my own gas is NY and PA... but then again I haven't really been outside of the tristate to see how gas stations work elsewhere (:

MiddleChild08 0

In Indiana some places make you pay first, others don't. If you have to pay first, they give you a receipt, and if you don't need all of it they give you your change back, and if you need more, then you have to go in and pay again, and hope you guessed the right amount. It's not uncommon (at least in the USA) to pump before you pay. Way to insult something you know nothing about...good job!