By Rodrigeuz26 - 22/01/2010 07:26 - United States

Today, I was sitting in IHOP with my girlfriend of six months when she brought in her son of three years she had neglected to tell me about, and asked 'Does this change things?' FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 278
You deserved it 4 485

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shmikey 0

how did she keep that secret for 6 months?

Comments

IHOP isn't made by Steve Jobs. But it would be nice if it was.

FYL. She should have talked to you about it instead of surprising you. It doesn't matter whether she has a kid or not, but intentionally not mentioning her kid to you for six months? That's not right.

Kristoffer 35

6 months is a bit extreme, she should have mentioned something about having a kid within the first 2 weeks.

You'd be a dick if you dumped her just because she has a kid. Man up.

Why should he have to man up? It's not HIS kid. If anything, the real father should be the one to man up.

at least someone on this site has some sense!!

You're totally missing the point, 127. He wouldn't be dumping her because she has a kid; he would be dumping her because she kept something so important from him for six months.

We don't know the reason why she kept it a secret. Don't judge until you've heard both sides, not just the OP's side. She might have had a good enough reason to deceive him for 6 months.

Im curious, Luvya448, what would be a good enough reason for her to deceive him on this very important subject?

ProtoBuster_1 5

@ Loveya448 - What in the hell are you talking about? She had a perfectly good reason to deceive him? I'm sorry, but NO ONE deserves to be deceived for any reason, especially when it comes to introducing a child into a relationship when the man is completely unaware that his girlfriend had a child. To even think of doing that ("does this change things?") means that she never really cared for the OP - that she only saw him as a replacement for her son's father.

ProtoBuster_1 5

@ Loveya448 - Also, unless the woman reads what her (I hope ex)-boyfriend posted on here and decides to tell us her side of the story, the majority of us will continue to support the OP's choice and think of the woman as a dumbass bitch to chose to lie to him throughout their relationship.

Six months of deceit? Yes, that changes things.

xlostwithoutu 0

ihop... I'm on my iPhone and it didn't auto correct that

Hermyoni 0

She should of told you from the first date she was a parent. Sounds like she was hoping to snag a baby daddy by getting you committed first before dropping the bombshell. She didn't have to introduce you right away but tell you she had a child yes absolutely.

FYL? She the one stuck with kid.. FHL.. ! You're free to go, OP.. The relationship was built on a lie.. A BIG ONE..