By Snowman - 24/01/2016 22:21 - United States - Harrisonburg

Today, I was shovelling snow out of my driveway and broke my shovel. So I tried cleaning the driveway with a garbage lid. That broke too. Now I'm out snow shovel, AND a garbage lid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 886
You deserved it 4 804

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is the moment you've been waiting for. It's time to break out the flamethrower.

Comments

dannidoll93 24

I think that's fate telling you to take a snow day and bundle up indoors :)

Did you think about asking a neighbor about borrowing their shovel?

Mathalamus 24

and break that, too? if it were me, id just sit this one out. the fates clearly weren't nice.

And when you borrow their shovel, this time shovel in layers instead of trying to pick up a whole section and lift all of it at once. It'll take longer but at least you won't break your neighbours shovel, or hurt your back.

gobiteme2 34

Should have used some duct tape and used it to tape the broken handle onto the broken lid.

Hey man find a heap snow shovel on Craig's list or something! I know it's hard to go anywhere also you could try asking some neighbors if you can borrow theirs!

neuronerd 28

I feel ya, OP. I'm in VA too. Hopefully, some of the snow will melt today.

Damn that must be some seriously thick snow or just a really weak shovel and garbage lid.

what the Hell kind of demon snow do you have?

crazyindynathan 13

I'm not sure I've ever seen a trash can lid heavy-duty enough for snow removal...