By Anonymous - 25/04/2009 12:49 - Canada

Today, I was shopping in an upscale store. As I was changing, I heard one of the snobby saleswomen say to mine "You shouldn't bother. She isn't going to buy anything." Determined to "show her", I purchased everything I'd tried on. It came to around $500. My credit card was declined. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 855
You deserved it 80 590

Same thing different taste

Top comments

palmtrees 1

that's just... stupid. plain and simple. why on earth would you buy things you didn't even really want just to try to "show" a saleswoman? what does it matter really?

Comments

elara15 0

#20, the unchecked competition causing this recession is certainly a great argument for capitalism. It's this uneducated, myopic view that has Americans bitching about socialized health care while insurance companies profit from keeping us sick. Our kitchens are filled with subpar electronics because of planned obsolescence. And because you have mistaken equality of opportunity with equality of outcome, 2% of the world owns FIFTY PERCENT of the world's wealth while you blame "laziness" instead of greed. Well done.

Jennifer83 0

You should have said, "you're exactly right" and thrown it on the counter and left.

mj2123 0

I get being pissed off at the judgment, but there are far better ways to "show her." You definitely made yourself look like an idiot on your own.

The correct way to handle it was to say, "You know, I was...but, now I'm not. And I think I'm going to have to ask to talk to your manager, too."

#89 has got it. If it was profiling on your dress, appearance, or ethnicity, that sort of remark is really hurtful. However, you should have let it roll off, or better, gotten them in trouble. I'm sure most people can think of a moment when they could have gotten somebody in trouble for saying something inappropriate and cruel in a professional or retail situation and regret not doing it. Especially if it was a gimmick to get you to buy something you did not want.

Wow, a poor woman doing something stupid that involves shopping. Why am I not surprised? /facepalm, YDI

ydi for not keeping up with your credit cards, but otherwise, that sucks.

Yeah, that really would have showed them... Showing them would have been saying, "Well, I WAS going to buy it, but I heard what you said, so you can shove these up your ass."

good thing that your credit card got declined. this just shows that you shouldnt have cared about what the snobby saleswomen had said.

you are the perfect example of an idiot

Trying to prove to people that you're not cheap, when you simply don't have enough money, is never a good idea. This is how debt starts.