By Anonymous - 03/06/2009 04:34 - United States

Today, I was riding on my bike when a guy on the street shouted, "I LOVE YOU!" at me. I recently told my boyfriend I loved him, and his response was, "I don't love you but I won't treat you any differently." Perverts on the street love me, but my boyfriend doesn't. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 624
You deserved it 5 579

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mehwhateverr 0

The person on the street was just a random crazy and your boyfriend doesn't have to love you. In fact, what bothers me the most is when people say "I love you" just because they're in a relationship... even if they aren't really in love. #1, her boyfriend isn't an ass for telling the truth. AND he said he won't treat her any differently. He sounds like a gem.

crownme 0

Wow your bf is a genius, that's the perfect reponse!

Comments

Lebb 0

Somehow this is weird, scary, and a bit funny FYL

#8 is it a kind of joke? If not what a stupid advice! Saying that you love somebody should be planified. If you love somebody you should tell him, and if he says he loves you back good for u, if not that's too bad! But what a idioty to think that you should wait for the other to say it first! If he feels the same you will just be two fools waiting for each other to say the magic word. What a waste of time. I think that the fact her boyfriend say he doesn't love her, doesn't mean he won't ever love her or he doesn't have feelings for her! I suppose if he's still with her it's because she means something to him that he doesn't want to call or feel like it is love! People in a couple don't fall in love with each other right away, u need time to get to know each other. Maybe she fell in love to fast, we dont even know how long they've been together. I also think she's a bit a fool to think that the guy on the street was actually in love with her!

okay you are all stupid, my ex-girlfriend broke up with me because I wouldn't tell her I loved her when she said it to me, a guy is allowed to not say it back, especially if they are just sorting out their feelings to see if they really love her, and the guy on the street is just an idiot (trust me I know plenty of guys who would yell out much more radical things) so no the guy is not an ass or any other term that has been used to describe him, he just said his true feelings as of now and I'm sure later on he will say it

whatabouther 0

I agree completely with #2. I hate it when people claim they're 'in love' with their partner just because they're in a relationship. >:

Anybody can *say* anything. Actions are what you should pay attention to. Of course, when your boyfriend comes right out and says he doesn't love you, maybe it's time to start looking for a new boyfriend.

#24 Technically you're right with what you're saying...if guys are just "sorting out their feelings to see if they really love her" it's okay to tell the girl you can't say it back YET. But her boyfriend flat out told her that he does NOT love her...and for me that definitely would be the end of that relationship. Why would I waste my time on something knowing that it might never turn into anything more, such as a deep longterm relationship and maybe marriage someday (assuming of course that that's what the OP wants...) Sure she could wait it out...but why would I wait around hoping that someone might finally fall in love with me someday when I could also meet someone else instead.... I was with my ex for over 3 years and he still wasn't sure whether he actually loves me...so I left him...now I'm happily married to someone else...

dancing_bear 0

"I don't love you, but I won't treat you any differently"? Hmm, he's honest, yeah, but am I the only one who thinks that's kind of a harsh way of putting it? OP, if you don't like it, leave him. But if you don't leave him, you can't go around whingeing about it the whole time.

Incoldolesences 0

LOL. Well, look at the bright side, at least you're still loved by someone rather then no one at all