By Boarder - 01/06/2009 12:32 - United States

Today, I was riding a longboard down a hill and I fell off. I was all scraped up so I made sure to clean my wounds and put bandages on them. Turns out I'm allergic to the glue on the bandages and I have itchy hives all over and around my open wounds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 293
You deserved it 5 452

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Linesksc 0

ouch... It enought that they get itchy when they start to heal, i can't imagine having hives while they are still raw...

or it's a recently developed allergy. allergies can do that. A few years ago I developed an allergy to Neosporin that id never had before

Comments

OP means original poster. And YLIF. That's a total add-insult-to-injury situation. Become familiar with Neosporin and gauze. :)

I guess no one realizes that you can become allergic to certain things over time. I know quite a few people who are now allergic to certain fruits that they used to eat when they were younger.

Blind_Ninja 0

High five for longboarding! Going down hill and biting it is the best way to hurt yourself... boy, do I know from experience.

HAHA, that sucks, but it's still worth the experience.

omg that sucks, hope it recovers asap!

Have You gone your whole life without an injury? How are you just finding this out now. You sir are a ******* retard.

ohhhhshizzz 0

No, #20, it is YOU that is ******* retarded. How dense are you, this has been explained. People can acquire allergies OVER TIME. Gosh, jackass.

petewentz52 1

OMG i did the same thing i burned myself and it went away but i also found out i was allergic to the glue on the bandages. the reaction hurt much more then the burn

ohhhhshizzz 0

Sorry, fail on my part, #30 [my cmnt] is supposed to say #29, so comment #30 is to you NoMercy.

xsw33tyx101 0

For all those morons saying "havent you ever use a band aid before", etc, maybe he used a new band aid?!! a brand he has never used before? And you don't have to be born with the allergy, you can suddenly become allergic to something you've always been in contact with, and never had any problems with. God people are stupid.