By Boarder - 01/06/2009 12:32 - United States

Today, I was riding a longboard down a hill and I fell off. I was all scraped up so I made sure to clean my wounds and put bandages on them. Turns out I'm allergic to the glue on the bandages and I have itchy hives all over and around my open wounds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 293
You deserved it 5 452

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Linesksc 0

ouch... It enought that they get itchy when they start to heal, i can't imagine having hives while they are still raw...

or it's a recently developed allergy. allergies can do that. A few years ago I developed an allergy to Neosporin that id never had before

Comments

JAAM1992 0

Geez. What a way to start the summer.

On Saturday, I was skateboarding for the first time but then I fell and scraped up my leg. This sounds waaaay worse tho. Fyl, dude. Get better!

Everyone calling this fake has obviously never had an allergy. I have a weird immune system and have recently developed allergies to pet dander, latex, and bandage adhesive, so I know how this poor guy feels. Be careful with that allergy by the way, if you touch the hives you could get a staph infection!

for 1, you can develop an allergy. You can also become less susceptible to certain allergies over time. # 2, it's not like bandaid adhesives have had the exact same chemical makeup since they were invented. The fabrics change, and with that the adhesive changes. Add on top of that, that more chemicals are being added to lower the cost or to create a stickier adhesive--and that this is happening in every different brand of bandages--you've got yourself quite a lot of variables to deal with. and 3, and gauze has to be taped on, so you have to watch out for reactions to that particular adhesive as well. FYL, as well as mine. I share your pain.

The funny things is the exact same thing has happened to me... EXACTLY.

And exactly how old are you to not know this yet? Or are you just immune to accidents and haven't an accident ever that needs a bandage besides now?

Jaxon321 0

That suxs big dog nuts!!!! PS ummmmmmmm I am the most delicious!!!!

So I'm assuming you've never used a band-aid before this?

Marie77_fml 0

Duuuuuude, I'm allergic to the adhesive as well. Sucks.

How old are you and you have not figured out you are allergic to Band-aids yet?