By Boarder - 01/06/2009 12:32 - United States

Today, I was riding a longboard down a hill and I fell off. I was all scraped up so I made sure to clean my wounds and put bandages on them. Turns out I'm allergic to the glue on the bandages and I have itchy hives all over and around my open wounds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 293
You deserved it 5 452

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Linesksc 0

ouch... It enought that they get itchy when they start to heal, i can't imagine having hives while they are still raw...

or it's a recently developed allergy. allergies can do that. A few years ago I developed an allergy to Neosporin that id never had before

Comments

xsw33tyx101 0

YOU PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB! YOU CAN BECOME ALLERGIC TO SOMETHING YOU'VE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH YOUR WHOLE LIFE, WITHOUT EVER HAVING BEEN ALLERGIC TO IT. ACQUIRE SOME SENSE BEFORE SAYING HE DESERVED THIS.

x____sisi 0

Ouchyyy! I sorry! I moderated this one :)

I agree with #10. How do you go your whole life and not use a band-aid? Did you not fall down and scrape your knees when you were little? If you didn't then you live in a bubble. I'm not trying to be mean but the story just seems a little bit off. Some allergies come along as you grow up or maybe they tried something new in the band-aid glue, as band-aids are always changing. Well, all I have to say is ouch cause you fell and then the band-aid glue made it worse, so that's no fun at all.

ooo, that sucks i hope u feel better

I would cry forver. Sucks to be you, man!

This is why I love duct tape & gauze.

Wow, some people are idiots. People grow into and out of allergies all the time. It happens.

That really sucks... I found out I was allergic to certain band-aid adhesives when I was fifteen, and I've discovered a couple of other times since then, with increasingly bad reactions. For everyone who makes the comments about the unlikliness of finding out later in life: it's true about the different brands. For example, I don't know anyone who is allergic to band-aid brand band-aids (if the allergy is to adhesive and not latex).

yyeah.... i got some road rash from lonboarding and the band-aids i used ripped skin off (not the guaze part.. the adhesive part) keep shredding man!