By tacoboy - 21/08/2009 08:06 - United States

Today, I was on a date with a girl I've had feelings for since I was 14 (I'm 22). I took her out to dinner, then to a movie that we both liked and had a few drinks afterwards. I thought it was going really well until I was driving her home and she asked to be dropped off at her boyfriend's house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 185
You deserved it 6 580

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Time to let that one go and find somebody who doesn't use people for free meals, entertainment and drinks.

Youve had feelings for her for 8 years, but you didnt know she was dating someone?

Comments

Pisses me off that she agreed to the date if she has a boyfriend. What a *****. You deserve better.

You wasted nine years of your love life. This stops TODAY, tacoboy!

you shudve known that if you liked her so much.

moonlight_daze 8

been there.. .. and they say us men are bad..

OMGitsKaleyxo 0

that wouldve been so cute if it worked out. but u should probably move on. i mean 8 years?

russianspy1234 11

I'm gonna give you a little lesson I learned a few years ago, and its one I wish I learned a lot sooner. If you have been friends with a girl for 8 years it is way too late for anything to happen. If you have been friends with a girl for 8 months, it is way too late for anything to happen. If you have been friends with a girl for 8 weeks, it is way too late for anything to happen. If you have been friends with a girl for 8 days, it is too late for anything to happen. If you have been friends with a girl for 8 hours, it is too late for anything to happen. If you have been friends with a girl for 8 minutes, it is probably already too late for anything to happen.

BikerMike 0

should have dropped that inconsiderat **** of about 30 miles from her boyfriends

i reject your theory. I think friends make the best boyfriends/girlfriends since you already know you have things in common and can get along. I was friends with my boyfriend for 5 months before we started dating. I agree that after 8 years nothing's going to happen...but really...8 seconds and it's already too late? No.

i reject your theory. I think friends make the best boyfriends/girlfriends since you already know you have things in common and can get along. I was friends with my boyfriend for 5 months before we started dating. I agree that after 8 years nothing's going to happen...but really...8 seconds and it's already too late? No.

russianspy1234 11

I never said 8 seconds, in truth you have about 15. Yeah that's right, the vast majority of girls make up their minds within 15 seconds. Sure there are fringe cases, and I did once get in a relationship with a girl I was friends with for a few years. The relationship lasted a month, and she said she just wasn't comfortable dating a friend. Having things in common has nothing to do with attraction, as I have learned time and time again.

hahahaha thats suuuuuccchhh bullshit... it all depends what kind of friendship you have.. me and my ex knew eachother for like 5 years before anything happened. it all depends on ur friendship and how you approach it

Russianspy1234, I would venture a guess that you are the type of guy who women say they just want to be friends with so as not to hurt your feelings. The intentions are good, but it leaves you with the deluded notion that friendship means a relationship can't happen, when really it just means the woman isn't attracted to you. The confirmation is the story about the friend turned one month relationship turned uncomfortable dating a friend. That means she decided to give it a try because you were there, interested, and available, but couldn't make herself be really into it. Just an educated guess, of course.

citycrazed25 0

once your in the friends zone there is no possibility of a relationship, but if there is that chance that you make things happen between you and your friend it still doesnt mean that its going to last forever just because you have something in common with someone. I have been with a friend before and even though i knew her for 6 years before and we liked each other we had a mutual breakup because we found it better to just be friends. I also agree 8 years is way too long and on top of that he dont know shit about her. You have to let people know how you feel in the beginning. To me it sounds like one of those thanks for the free meal type of thing. It might just be me but Im not paying for a girl that isnt mine. ESPECIALLY if its only a "date" in my head.

BUT sometimes it takes a while to get those feelings.. you may not feel that way in the beginning then once you know them after a while they start to develop.. but agreed that 8 years is too long

Not always true. Or, really, true at all. I find going out with guys who I haven't been friends with to be... incredibly awkward. Friends make good dates. It's easier on me, I don't have to go through any nonsense about what types of things I like, the big revel that I'm crazy is never actually a big revel. God, I wish every relationship was that easy.

russianspy1234 11

That's all well and good, sounds perfectly logical to me, but I have found that most (not all) women do not think that way, this isn't just personal experience, this is gathering information from both male and female friends.

what the hell are you talking about? i say it's never too late for anything.

"apparently ive dated many of my close friends. damn." are you a guy who pays for a your female friend when you're "hanging out"? if yes then she's using you are you a female with male friends who pays for you when "hanging out"? if yes then you're an idiot for not noticing that that kind of gesture implicates that the guy "friend" is crushing on you. He's just stuck in the friends zone.

haha plexico. you never fail to please.