By homelesslyf - 30/12/2018 22:00 - Australia - Clayton

Today, I was kicked out of my aunt's house for being 15 minutes late for her to pick me up. She told me she doesn't want me to come home and left me in a panicked mess. My sister and brother are on her side and refuse to talk to me. I'm now couch surfing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 425
You deserved it 398

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A: "Really late"? Fifteen minutes?! That's a blink of an eye. In a big school, having to go back to one's locker for a forgotten item could take 15min. Needing a washroom might take 15 sometimes. Sorting out a bit of drama among friends could also make a few minutes vanish. An hour is "really late". Fifteen minutes is "a little late". B: Blaming OP because apparently you think it's predictable for a strict guardian to react this way, & preventable? Rendering a minor homeless over a small inconvenience is insane. Even if OP knew their aunt was insane, that still doesn't make it OP's fault. And depending what caused their lateness, even that may have not been their fault. Certainly, if this was the millionth incident of lateness, or was for a foolish reason (OP was just chatting with pals), or on a day where the schedule was especially tight, anger would be appropriate. I can't imagine a circumstance where homelessness & excommunication would be a just punishment though.

bottombitch97 6

It seems like there’s more to it than just you being late. If most of your family is against you, that says a lot about you as a person

Comments

Gofuckyourself 24

Geico- 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on couch insurance. All jokes aside, I'm sorry you're having to deal with that.

Elisabetha Aarron 18

Maybe there are other issues even if OP is constantly late that doesn't mean that it is ok to make them homeless.