By shaunaaa - 17/02/2011 10:39 - Australia

Today, I was in science class studying dead insects for biology. After packing away the jars, I noticed a red-back spider on the bench. Thinking it was missing from a jar, I picked it up. It wasn't missing. It was alive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 309
You deserved it 5 339

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Also this is Australia. AKA the Land of Everything Trying To Kill You. I assume the spider is venomous.

it's poisonous. obviously op would be scared. they can kill ppl

Comments

XDBrittany1228 0

godd i'd scream, I wouldn't even want to touch the dead ones to be honest

trust this to be a girl. did it hurt you? bite you? harm you in any type of way? given the amour of info in this post, no. and for all those people who say red backs are highly poisonous and deadly, get you facts right, they do have poison but usually a fully grown human can survive a bit with no external medication or treatment, and depending on you immune system, there may not even be swelling larger than a mosquito bite...

Did it pick you up and throw you against a book case?

Arachnophobia is something that can affect someone with even the thought of a spider. I have spasms if I even think about one, because I am very arachnophobic.

only if you're immune system is compromised(meaning you are sick) you are a child or you are elderly. it's just extremely painful if you are healthy.

Oh gosh, a redback. I'd be freaking out so badly, we used to get them all the time around our pool and my dad would be terrified. Be grateful it wasn't a funnelweb?

ChrisTyler 0

oh my god!!! I wouldn't have even picked that thong up!!! I'm terrified of spiders!

I totally agree. I don't pick up random thongs as a rule of mine either. I just find it slightly disturbing. Especially if I'm in science class.