By Anonymous - 14/05/2009 17:13 - United States

Today, I was home on leave and having breakfast with my parents and my younger brothers. I guess I got too used to the rougher language around the Army barracks where I'm stationed. At the breakfast table I asked my Mom to "pass me the f***ing butter". FML
I agree, your life sucks 484
You deserved it 181

Top comments

HAHAHAHA nice one. I was at my mom's and accidentally said her cat is so ******* cute.

That almost happened to me too when I was back on leave a few months ago.

Comments

At least the OP has an excuse. My brother has a filthy mouth, and we go to a very WASPy college. Furthermore, although I know a great many people who were in the Army and were essentially bureaucrats who went to Boot Camp, I have to thank people who served in the front lines. (Especially since I might join the Air Force and they don't really do the whole "shooting people directly" thing.)

alyssamarie218 0
simplewhimsy 0

Uh yeah, you think? It's not that hard to remember your language when you're around family.

Yet another example of the need for a "NOT AN FML" button. Without knowing the reaction from your family, it's hard to tell if this was even a mild inconvenience in your day. Unless you got thrown out of the house and shunned from those you love forever, NOT AN FML.

gingerspice 0

This cracked me up. And thank you for serving our country. What did #6 say? It was moderated...

marinesgirl9 0

(i was wondering that too gingerspice)

aslkjd_what 0

thank you, this made me laugh out loud.

My mom and I both cuss like that. Our family doesn't give a shit.

totalnutjob 0

Another case of life imitating art. I believe the movie was "Hamburger Hill".

HAHAHA if you're old enough for armed forces, you're old enough for vulgar language. I have a friend in the Navy who can't quit the language when he's home either.