By John W. - 12/10/2011 12:37 - United States

Today, I was driving my eight year-old son to school when a guy cut me off, prompting me to yell "douche bag" as a reflex out of the window. Realizing my mistake, I turned to my son and told him to never, ever talk like that. His response was, "Too late, douche bag." FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 639
You deserved it 47 028

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xMeganMayhem 6

Comments

From his smug answer, it sounds like he's been talking like that for a while already.

YDI for telling him not to say what only amounts to a word that's like every other ******* word ever.

stacianichole 2

What does that even mean? Douche bag /=/ every other ******* word. I could call you a lemon square. Very different than if I called you a douche bag.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

Ain't no muthafucka gon call me a lemon squerr!! It's the intention that matters, really. Words are just sounds we produce with our mouths and not inherently good or bad. It's the meaning that makes the word, not the other way around.

Lemon square sounds pretty aggressive to me...

doogy15 11

Lol for a 8 year old he's pretty sharp. Might be bad now but he'll grow up pretty damn head of it all.

erockinthesuburb 17

Kids are like parrots, they will repeat anything you say - regardless of if they know what it means or not.

And just like parrots then will only repeat what you don't want them to

ikickgingers 15
Joshoa123 16

Defiantly one of the coolest kids I've ever seen.

Profanity in front of a child is not a bad thing. Its just a word. The bad thing is your driving. You neither own the road or have any right to the space in front of you. Therefore, you can not be "cut off". Next time simply use the brake. That's what its there for. There is no need to express anything to the the other driver. Your anger endangers your child more than your profanity.

hookumsnivy 6

#24: While you don't own the road or the space right in front of you, it is common courtesy to not jump into the lane right in front of someone causing them to hit their breaks. If you do something like that, you are putting people in danger (including yourself). Sadly, common courtesy is becoming less and less common as more people seem to care only about themselves.

The "Do as I say, not as I do" rule is stupid and just a cheap shot that parents use. It doesn't even fit here anyways.