By Anonymous - 16/02/2010 07:26 - United States

Today, I was docked and fined in my dorm building because of multiple noise complaints. What was I doing that was so noisy? I slipped in the shower and banged my head against the floor. Then when I reached for the towel rack to pull myself up, it broke and I slammed my wrist onto the ground. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 131
You deserved it 2 760

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lautturi 2

Ow. FYL indeed. D: Though, why didn't you try to explain?

How can you be fined for no evidence? You better not pay that fine.

Comments

Ariel881 0

I don't buy it. Who would have complained about noises like that coming from the bathroom? Was this the type of dorm that has bathrooms in each bedroom? In that case, I still don't think people would have complained about something like that, being as how it wasn't a continuous noise.

Slamming and thumping sounds, transferred through a wall, can sound a lot more enjoyable. Also, the acompanying yelps of pain get distorted by the wall. I can see complaining about someone getting that enthusiastic...especially if the OP is in the other situation more regularly. Or if it's the quiet dorm on campus...assuming this is a university/college dorm, a lot of the quieter dorms tend to attract the insane-recluse-genius students and the "I spend so much of my money on my research I can't afford a real home" profs. Both of these groups are dedicated/crazy enough to put forward some rather anal complaints.

bitethebullet 0

not unless he's masochistic and bangs his head on the floor for sexual pleasure.

AngryNinja 1

which head, exactly..? because you never really know. xD

Obviously i was too subtle. Random thumping and yelping sounds are easily interpreted as wild sex rather than unfortunate bather. You must admit, the former is far more common, overall.

The whole falling and getting hurt thing sucks, but I think you should be able to fight the fine fairly easily. If not, break into your neighboring dormrooms and pour oil all over their bathroom floors, then report them as they fall.

lickmyjock 0

Well, You really... (takes shades off) Fell for that fine! YEAH!

dynky 3

you got fined just for a couple of thumping noises? I really, really wish I lived in your dorm.