By Aw522 - 30/05/2012 23:07 - United States - Columbia

Today, I was cutting the grass, it was really hot and I fainted. I woke up to see my mom standing over me. I thought she was going to freak out and call an ambulance. Instead she said, "Good, you're up. Now you can finish." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 814
You deserved it 2 525

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AsianCookie247 14

What a loving mother you have there.

jjames7543 13

Mothers, you gotta love them. Especially when your best interest is in their mind...

Comments

AsianCookie247 14

What a loving mother you have there.

22cute 17

She probably thought Op was sleeping on the job. If you don't see someone faint you don't usually assume that's how they got there.

The mower was still probably on since OP fainted in the middle of using it. I think that would be enough to make it seem like something's wrong.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

It could have likely been a reel mower.

Lawn mowers shut off when you release the handle, so it wouldn't sill be on. And honestly what would calling an ambulance do but give your mom a huge bill. Here is some free medical advise for what to do for fainting: drink some water, have a cookie, and man the **** up and finish cutting the grass you lazy pussy.

46, even though I'm on mobile and can't see OP's location I'm going to say this. Some countries have free healthcare that you pay for through taxes therefore a bill isn't a problem.

Marcella1016 31

46 - OP could've had heat stroke. OP could've died. OP isn't being a pussy, you're being an asshole. Heatstroke is some serious shit...

Unfortunately OP is American, so it doesn't apply here.

Your right 51, he obviously had some serious life threatening health issue which is the only reason he is able to post online same day. I may be an asshole, but your a retard.

#67-- you're* Come on, surely people can't be stupid enough to STILL make this mistake?

jjames7543 13

Mothers, you gotta love them. Especially when your best interest is in their mind...

Your mums awesome ,, no pocket money for u ,, sleeping on the job u lazy shit lol

3- Don't be a lazy shit yourself and spell the words properly.

Speaking of spelling words correctly, why do British (and apparently Australian) people say "Mum"? Where does the U come from? I've always wondered that.

AliceLockehart 18

When Americans pronounce it, it has more of an "O" sound, almost like "Morm" whereas when we say it (Australians, that is) it doesn't. It pretty much sounds exactly as its spelled.

16- I assume the word mom came from mother, and obviously mom/mum are both slang for that. I'm not saying it's wrong. I asked where the U came from as mom correlates to mother far more than mum. Please tell me off if I'm wrong here though. 17- I know people consider Americans unintelligent but we don't sound like trolls. XD I don't know anyone who slurs it enough to sound like it has an R in it.

We spell it 'mum' because we pronounce it 'mum'. You you spell it 'mom' because you pronounce it 'mom'. It's simple logic

AliceLockehart 18

I wasn't trying to be rude about Americans or anything :). Maybe it's just me then, cause whenever I've spoken to my American friends there's just the slightest hint of an "R" sound in the word.

Alice, you are one of the first people who have ever given me insight to our accent! I've asked people from other countries to describe it, but they can't! Thank you! (And for my fellow Americans I'm not saying that our "morm" pronunciation of mom is bad. I'm simply very curious how we sound to outsiders) ;)

AliceLockehart 18

Haha, you're welcome :). I'm a little TOO obsessed with accents :3

I have never heard anyone pronounce mom like morm.

Well, the first half of mother sounds more like mu than mo to create mum.

AliceLockehart 18

As I said, it may only be me that gets that sound in the pronunciation.

Alan2 24

20- Or is it the other way around? Do we pronounce it that way because we see it spelled that way and read it phonetically? Hmm....

Americans spell things and pronounce them the way they are spelt. It is different then a lot of the other countries. Color/colour is an example. Mum/mom. When saying mother you say it as mu-ther not mo-ther. So when spelling out mum/mom mum was made because of the "uh" sound. And American language, you have to remember, was made different then British on pourpose because of the Anti-British feelings when the language was being developed.

#64, I agree with everything you said (a lot of people think American spelling is different because "Americans are stupid" or "can't spell") except for the fact that you used the term "American language". XD An honest mistake, I'm sure.

blcksocks 19

I wouldve told her to finish it herself, just like she has to do it with Dad; her personality is just too ugly.

This probably describes a good portion of first times... Except replace "my mom" with "her".

This sounds like my first time too. Don't replace anything.

Can't live with them can't live without them.

You don't deserve a dislike people disliking are probably older because everyone I know doesn't do chores including me

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

People who aren't lazy *****, that's who. Age has nothing to do with helping around the house. At least it shouldn't, anyway.

People who aren't sitting on their obese ass playing video games all day, that's who. It also can help develop a good work ethic, which it looks like at least 1 or 2 people here don't have.

I do sit and game but I get paid to do it so that's not a lazy shit that's a job

Am I the only one who skimmed this and thought it was about a kid getting walked in on?

now that i red it over... ya it does look like that

wanna_bee 8

READ. Now that we know you don't do chores, we also know why you cant spell-you don't do your chores, which in the long run will cause you to fail drastically at life. How will you ever succeed if you are unable to live on your own?

Did you finish? :3 Nah I'm joking OP. Next time wear a hat and bring a bottle of cold water with you. Or do what my husband did and get one of those ride-on mowers.