By ConstructionLady - 13/11/2012 06:49 - United States

Today, I was conducting a meeting regarding safety concerns on my field site. While I made a comment, a client rep yelled out that women don't know construction, and that I should be acting like a proper secretary and should get my boss. I'm the Construction Manager. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 717
You deserved it 2 395

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HeyArnold91 8

It always seems that women will be forever defending themselves in male dominated industries

Whenever I read an FML that includes this degree of stupidity and ignorance, I always think, "Please don't be in the US! Please don't be in the US,! Please don't be in th- **** it's in the US"

Comments

cmb8280 24

YDI cuz you go girl! Get on wit your bad self!!

well, it's actually hard to work for a woman in a male dominated proffesion. the thought of having a female CM have never accurd to me, and l some-what hope that it will never happen. well offcourse it would be okay if she could empathize as any other man working in that field, then l would not have a problem.

Accurd, proffesion, some-what, offcourse? Stop talking

Wow .. I would Never thought of a scandinavian man to say shit like that. I feel ashamed ..

Edit: Wow .. I would never have thought of a scandinavian man to say shit like that, especially considering that Scandinavia has the largest percent of female leaders in the world. I feel ashamed ..

johnny_derp 3

you're an idiot. you clearly have some problems with your self esteem and masculinity. seek help.

Don't let that sexist bastard get to you

RedPillSucks 31

Tell he that if he has a problem with you, he can complain to the construction manager. See how long it takes him to figure this out. If you're in a position to do so, make sure this incident is in his performance review.

winkydog4056 16

Ah, sexism at its finest. Nail his stupid ass to the wall!

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Do a superior job and don't worry about the little punter. Eventually he's going to say something to the wrong person.

FYL OP! I used to be a project engineer and go through the same things. I loved what I did but now am jaded. Kinda feels like walking down a dark alley at night, always having to look over your shoulder. I began living by the motto "If they're being nice to you it's because they want to F you or F you over." Good luck.

If I were u I would have put him in his place and been like "im in charge! Surprise mothafucka!"