By ouch - 13/06/2012 16:00 - United States - Lutz

Today, I was cashiering, and a customer's change came to $5.51. She looked pretty stinking rich, so I just gave her $5.50. She demanded the extra penny, and I asked if she really needed it. She said, "No, but they do, asshole," and dropped her $5.51 in the charity donation box. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 619
You deserved it 120 216

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why in the world would you not give someone correct change because they look rich?

I work as a cashier and you sound ridiculous. Why on earth would you not give her HER OWN MONEY because she looked rich?! Even though it IS only a penny, that is technically stealing, you ****.

Comments

No matter how rich they look to you, give the customer the damn change asshole!!!!

You are dumb! Why the hell would you withhold correct change and then be a condescending bitch when she calls you on it?!

manasstalker 7

Just because someone looks rich does not give you the right to take their money no matter how small. It's not yours YDI and I hope that there was a big line behind her to see it.

Here in Brazil, we no longer have 1 cent coins, so we never get our penny back unless we pay with a card. Reading people's comments made me realize once more the small things that suck in this country :/ (though I still like living here) Also, yes, OP totally deserved it. It's the person's penny, and it's not up to you to decide if they deserve or need it.

You can't assume someone had an ass load of money just because they "look rich". Maybe they have nice name brand stuff because they ve busted their asses to get what they got. Not only that.,. A penny can make a difference jackass.

littlebluepill 1

This should be F HER Life for having the total misfortune of being served by such a narrow minded, ignorant and arrogant person. You should lose your job for such bad customer service.

day624 14

What the hell.. Who do you think you are.. Its her damn penny.. Its none of your business what she does with it; whether shes a trillionaire or a hobo

I'm willing to bet you register is over all the time. You deserve to get fired.

You totally deserved it, douchebag! It's not up to you to decide if a person gets all her changed back, it's your job to give it back to her whether you think she needs it or not. Damn, I hope she reports you to the manager. What an asswipe!