By Anonymous - 12/04/2009 04:07 - United States

Today, I walked out to my car to see four kids taking the hubcaps, radio, and license plates off of my truck. I chased them six blocks until I tripped and twisted my ankle. I limped back to my car and found a ticket on my windshield for $55 dollars. The reason? Missing license plates. FML
I agree, your life sucks 77 624
You deserved it 3 165

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How did they write you out a ticket with no license plates? Just a description of the truck? :/

sorry to hear that. so unfortunate can you fight that ticket? that seems like a legit reason, just hard to show proof

Comments

jdkfgkjdfb 0

You should've called the police on those kids.

melh2o 0

Ahh! those little *******. D: You'll get back at them somehow. :)

Commenters are stupid. Police ticket parked cars all the time, and they can still ticket a vehicle without licence plates as #30 said. And I don't fault the OP for not chasing them in the truck: getting into the truck and starting it up would give the kids quite a bit of a headstart and they could always run anywhere where a truck couldn't follow. Plus, it would be harder for the OP to explain to a cop why s/he was driving without licence plates.

what *******! they should be soundly caned. or have some form of ass-whooping inflicted on them.

you should have yelled to get people on the street to catch them and that really sucks, true FML

you should file a police report; you may be able to have the ticket overturned, and the kids, if you got a good look at them, thrown in jail for larceny.

average_girl 0

hahaha one of the best FML stories in a while lol... tell the police that! they cant give u a ticket 4 something like that!

I swear you only get a ticket for DRIVING cars with no license plates..?

It's called a VIIN (Vehicle Identification Number). Every vehicle has a unique VIN displayed on the bottom of the front windshield, and a cop can write you a ticket based on that even if you've got no plates. It's a simple lookup in the registry to find your plate number, name, and address.