By Ellowise - 24/12/2009 10:06 - Belgium

Today, I used the tanning booth for the first time. Not only was I so white that I received first-degree burns all over my body, but I also forgot to remove my knee-high socks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 673
You deserved it 47 169

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At first I thought, oh that sucks, but then I read the high knee socks and decided that you're an idiot.

bluedoll 1

That sucks...but how do you FORGET to take off socks? Speaking as an ex-tanner myself, I know you don't FORGET to take off anything in those overly warm little beds. Oh, and YDI for tanning. I stopped because I learned about the health risks. If you have lovely, pale skin, keep it that way. Use a SELF tanner for color.

Comments

ensemble_coeur 0

I think the fact that you have an increased risk of skin cancer now is more of an FML

nvenomous 0

I hear guys really go for the whole pink body/pasty white shins and foot thing. Be prepared to beat them off with a stick!

There are good fake tans which don't make you orange and can look good. They also hydrate your skin. Hey, even I know this and I'm so white, I make snowmen look like black guys. Much healthier than getting blasted with heat which will increase your chances of cancer by a shocking amount. The socks bit is a FYL because with some knee high socks you stop feeling them after a while and forget they're there. But the whole situation is a YDI.

Although now I think about it, the knee high socks, plus the heat of the sunbed means that they would become uncomfortable and noticable. So you deserve that too.

you "forgot" to take off your knee highs? and why are you tanning in the onset of winter? you're just weird.

She went to a tanning bed ONCE. She's not going to get skin cancer from this one time, people. *rolls eyes* I'd say YDI for not being more careful, though.

they never said OP was GOING to get skin cancer, they said OP has an INCREASED chance of getting skin cancer.

danceoo 0

actually, one use can be enough. A solarium increases the sun strength by something like 20 times. it can be REALLY dangerous

lol. forgot to take knee high socks off? I hate when that happens. good thing you didn't forget to breathe too. ydi.

Anne553 0

why would you want to get tanned anyway? it's just the media that's brainwashing girls into thinking that they have to be tan to be beautiful.

THANK you. Embrace your pasty white skin!