By jasondrags - 03/07/2015 13:42 - United Kingdom - Birmingham

Today, I tried to arrange my first gallery exhibition as a photography student. Not even my mother wants to come. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 936
You deserved it 2 460

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Keep striving for greatness my dear. If you're already at the point where you feel you're ready to have an exhibit, then you're already lightyears ahead.

Don't worry about your moms opinion for now, I'm sure it's great! :)

Comments

She is very supportive, she has a good reason to not want to go

Also, I am OP in case anyone was confused haha!

It's always hard being an artist. My best advice is to stay strong and keep your head up. Don't let anyone get you down!!

Oh! This is my FML! Thank you for all of your comments, they made me smile! :) I'm very close to my mum but sometimes she prefers to "stay out of my business." My work is about a very personal struggle that local gallery owner was interested in and wanted to show. I think my mum just doesn't want to get upset seeing my problems being talked about in so much detail. Its not that she doesn't care, but that she cares too much maybe! I am still a little sad she doesn't want to come, but I won't let it upset me. My friends, family and colleagues will be there :)

You should post them up on a photo-sharing site like Instagram. You'll gather a greater audience :)

Yeah that's probably why she doesn't want to come so don't worry too much about it OP. At least you will have other friends and family to be there for you, and I'm sure there will be plenty more galleries for your mom to come see in the future :)

Gosh you made it sound like nobody you know wants to be there! And that your mum is uninterested! FFS

At the time I posted this, I thought no one wanted to go, my family and friends are concerned about the story behind the work, which is why they were reluctant. I told them I didn't want to go through the background story again with them as they know what its about already and I didn't want to bug them with it anymore. Just...calm down....its a website.

ChloeRattlehead 22

I'm sure it'll be great. Keep your chin up! Show your mom how awesome you are!

As a former pro photographer myself, I feel your pain...

Well I wish I could attend! I'd love to see some new artwork especially since I lack the talent to create my own. Keep on doing what you're doing! We need more people like you!

TeacherTeacher 11

Year ago my ex-husband had a gallery show. He was working for DC and Image Comics, Lucas Film and Dungeons and Dragons at the time. I made hors d'oeuvres. People ate the food and left without looking at the artwork. Keep doing what you love.

iampuppy 16

I would want to go, I love photography, I bet your pictures are great

Aww thank you :) Maybe I can add them to my website at some point and link them onto here