By purpleskylight - 27/06/2012 05:29 - United States - Lexington

Today, I tried for 45 minutes to convince my psychiatrist to take me off my antidepressant. When he finally agreed to do so, I broke down into tears and sobbed uncontrollably for 10 minutes. Hello, increased prescription. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 083
You deserved it 22 656

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well..you need it, you'll get off of it soon enough, don't worry OP.

There's nothing wrong with needing a little medication!!

Comments

lumberjack610 1

You need anti-bitch pills. Stop crying and get a life

Yeah people here tend to think they're depressed when they're really not.

ednusi 7

People are so much more depressed than they were 200 years ago because they have less to do

#112, good point-humans are problem solvers; if they don't have enough, they will make some to fill in the gap. OP, you want to b off meds for some reason-side effects, maybe? If for that, raising the dose is moronic; tell the fool to give u another med or find another dr. Agree with other people that it's dangerous to go cold turkey.

You two didn't consider trying another medication? I'm not sure how high of a dosage you are taking right now. Based on your emotional reaction, it is unlikely that you're ready to deal with being off that medication, unless it's not working at all anyway. If you haven't been taking it for long and are not on a particularly high dose, I would think upping the dosage isn't a bad idea. Try it out, see if your depression or other mental unsoundness decreases, and then go from there. If it doesn't, you might suggest trying another medication to your psychiatrist. Nowadays, there are many medications available, and if one doesn't work after thorough investigation, don't feel glued to it. I hope you're feeling more chipper soon! (Assuming you need medication.)

unknown_user5566 26

I don't believe that medication is the "cure" for mental/emotional issues, but depending on the person, they are certainly very helpful. I took anti-depressants for about a year in high school, and they helped tremendously. I did a combination of therapy and medication. My therapist explained it to me like this: "Medication will not make your depression magically go away. However it will bring you back up to the metaphorical door of your 'normal' life. Once you're at that door, it's up to you to use the techniques you learn through therapy to open the door, and return to your normal state." It's the best advice I'd ever received regarding depression, and OP, I'd encourage you to look at it the same way! Good luck!

apinon246 3

You should try something natural. And add more color to your life. Paint the walls bright open windows and if you can't paint them add colorful curtains and colorful objects everywhere. Just add color.

ThisIsJoee 4

Im on one too. Rough stuff. Hang in there I'm sure it will get better

dtgr02 4

If you stop antidepressant, please don't stop cold turkey

loppalela 5

www.cchr.org Hidden dangers to psychiatric drugs that we aren't given

RemedyMarks 1

You could always quit taking them. Most doctors and psychologists are rewarded in some way for prescribing certain medications, and the truth is you really have no idea what's in those pills. Look around the internet, there are plenty of alternate practices and natural supplements you could consider.

You have total control of what you induce. Just stop taking them