By Anon - 26/12/2015 02:03 - United States

Today, I thought my mom and I could put aside our differences and open our Christmas presents. When she opened mine, she turned to my dad and said she didn't want the present, so I could give it to someone else. 'Tis the season. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 542
You deserved it 1 386

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How ungrateful. Return it and use the money you spent on her to buy something nice for yourself instead.

That's cold. This makes me appreciate the relationship I have with my parents more. I hope you and your mother end up being on better terms soon. Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day OP.

Comments

Hopefully you guys can resolve the conflict that exist between you two, as a person only has so much time on earth. Don't want it to be late & then regret not having a good relationship. As mention, try counseling, and if it doesn't work at least you know you tried.

hipposteve 21

your mom seems immature.. take care of your heart, surround yourself with positive vibes and people who value you. best of luck!

FalloutScrolls 25

The catch 22 is that if you don't get that ungrateful woman a present next year, you'll still be the bad guy to her. Some people just can't be pleased. It must really suck though, being that bitter.

My mom's like that with gifts. She will be extremely specific in telling you what she wants and sometimes despite your best efforts the gift is not good enough and she acts like you must not love her because of it.

That's when you say, "oops, I wrapped the wrong present, that one was not meant for you" then take the present back and give her nothing.

schreibergx93 19

I'm sorry OP, family troubles aren't fun especially in that moment. Good luck!

cheesy_wotsit 20

My mum is the same. We really don't get on and in previous years she has picked up gifts that she has received from friends, shook them in my presence, decided they are alcohol (she doesn't drink) directly given it to me and said 'here, you can have this' as my gift. Nice.

I gave her a set of makeup brushes that are really nice. Seeing as she likes messing with makeup a lot and her brushes are about as old as I am, I thought it would've been a great gift.