By ArtistBlock - 17/08/2016 07:54 - United States - Phoenix

Today, I spent nearly seven hours clearing out our storage room in order to transform it into my art studio. Things were going great until I tweaked my back. At least from my stationary position in bed I have a perfect view of the table I can't work at for the next 2 to 4 weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 169
You deserved it 1 374

Same thing different taste

Top comments

graphicstyle7 17

Well... this is the time you can use to brainstorm and do sketches of future projects!

Have somone get you a whiteboard and markers. Position it over your bed so you can try stuff and get ideas. Take pics of the keepers and you can duplicate them once you're back at your table.

Comments

cootiequeen4444 11

since they can't work for specifically 2-4 weeks I'm guessing they already have. especially if this isn't the first time they tweaked your back.. also a tweaked back shouldn't be messed with no? I think that is an injury correct? not just chronic pain or whatever...

Van Gogh completed starry night from his hospital bed (fair enough it was a lunatic asylum).

Ah shit, as an artist myself, I understand the pain! Get well soon :*

crazy_bananas 31

Sorry OP that sounds super painful and unfortunate. But maybe you can use this time to brainstorm and sketch out any ideas for when you're up and at em.

cootiequeen4444 11

your bed is in the storage room? what? (also they have mini easels. like to put on a table. as well as just wooden squares you can tape some canvas paper too. maybe finger paint while 'on break'... for artistic funsies? though not exactly sure what position you are stuck in.. and i wouldnt want you to bust your neck trying to paint if you have to lie flat. I did figure however finger painting would call for less rigid motions so that may help? idk. I'm no chiropractor.)