By look at the fucking universe, lady - 18/05/2013 18:44 - United States - Montgomery

Today, I spent hours debating with a lady who claimed she'd spent years "studying the big bang theory". Not only did she not know the scientific meaning of the word "theory", her killer argument was "If the big bang happened, where are the fossils?" I'm not sure whether or not I just got trolled. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 746
You deserved it 5 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's trolling, and then there's just flat-out stupidity.

Pssh, obviously the fossils were eaten by unicorns. Everyone knows dinosaur bones are the primary source of nutrition for unicorns. And unicorn blood is the primary nutrition of Dark Lords. It's the circle of life.

Comments

Her argument makes no sense. You should've said "either being dug up from underground or on display in museums"

She deduced that when Tyrannosaurus Rex went out with Tyrannosaurus Roxanne that they hit it off well, thus the big bang theory. Just a theory mind you because this happened before condoms were invented, plus how could he keep from falling off with those itty bitty arms.

If you were smarter you wouldn't have wasted hours debating it with her. She obviously doesn't get it and no matter what you say it's not going to change what she thinks. Once someone believes something it's nearly impossible to change that belief.

smbio 17

The Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB) is actually a pretty good fossil of the big bang :)

Thank you. I was going to say that if no one else did.

Every time I think I can't be surprised by someone's stupidity anymore, I'm proven so horribly wrong.

Watching Ray Comfort videos is not study.

You definitely deserved it if you spent hours debating said statement

That's what you get for arguing with Neanderthals

She was probably a religious zealot.