By look at the fucking universe, lady - 18/05/2013 18:44 - United States - Montgomery

Today, I spent hours debating with a lady who claimed she'd spent years "studying the big bang theory". Not only did she not know the scientific meaning of the word "theory", her killer argument was "If the big bang happened, where are the fossils?" I'm not sure whether or not I just got trolled. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 746
You deserved it 5 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's trolling, and then there's just flat-out stupidity.

Pssh, obviously the fossils were eaten by unicorns. Everyone knows dinosaur bones are the primary source of nutrition for unicorns. And unicorn blood is the primary nutrition of Dark Lords. It's the circle of life.

Comments

Why did you spend hours on it if you felt that her stand is inconvenient?

Sounds like me and my mom she'll get mad if I call a Loquat a loquat claiming that is not the name of a plum we have what used to be called Japanese Plum trees but a couple years back found out they are called Loquats she still doesn't believe me despite I showed proof online

Yeah, when she said she'd spent years studying The Big Bang Theory, she meant the TV show.

eaglerob 20

You spent hours talking to her? That's a lot of foreplay

skyeyez9 24

Nobody knows exactly how the universe began because they are all THEORIES. Nobody was there to witness it happen.

The universe began when Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick met the force of Mr T's pity. Everyone knows that.

when I read "spent years studying 'the big bang theory'" I thought at first it was the tv show lol

michaelaranda 28

First of all, scientists proved that the big bang theory was scientifically impossible. That being said, there is no evidence saying that a god exists, so you can go back to being an atheist.

CoffeeChickBlows 13

Yeahhhhh, bullshit. Cite your sources and prove it. And quit assuming OP's an atheist just because he accepts that the Big Bang happened. That chip on your shoulder must weigh a ton, huh? ;)

Scientists can prove anything they want. But if it's not a replicatable experiment and peer reviewed no one's going to take it seriously. Please provide evidence of your statement that I totally and completely believe because I read it on the internet. And you're not allowed to lie on the internets.

Really, when you think about it, the idea of there being nothing before everything existed sounds impossible. What is nothing? Was there anything before the nothing existed? It's like the idea of space constantly expanding. What is beyond that space? What is it expanding into? etc etc. There are so many things that humans can theorize about, but we'll likely never know the answer to.

Just tell her it was buried under her backyard

Tell her, 'Oh, there are fossils all right, but you've got to watch out for those Dinosaurs. We get them all the time where I'm from.' Then you'd be trolling her back and she would probably believe it.