By Anonymous - 20/07/2011 04:26 - New Zealand

Today, I slipped and fell in mud while running from the car to inside to avoid getting wet in a torrential downpour. I was running from the limo, in my wedding dress, to the church for my wedding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 512
You deserved it 7 788

Same thing different taste

Top comments

GtheGringo 3

haha sorta like bridesmaids, except its mud not shit

Comments

theres a neat little invention...dont know if youve heard about it but its main job is to keep the rain off of whatever is under them...I believe it's called an umbrella maybe you should Invest in one soon.

let's see, choice of a slightly wet, white wedding dress or a wet, now mud covered and shit coloured wedding dress...yeh, good logic there...

slightly wet ? if you reread the post it says TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR . if you don't know what that means, get a dictionary :)

I'm pretty sure the issue was about her hair and makeup being ruined in the rain, more so than the dress...

Nobody wants to get married with "raccoon eyes" and a tangled mess of hair that was once a beautiful updo.

If the issue is hair and make-up, umbrella. Get enough people with massive golf umbrellas and you're all set! I know someone who wrapped herself in bin bags so she wouldn't get wet getting to the church.

YDI for not watching the weather channel on this important day and not coming prepared with an umbrella.

well most weddings are planned several months in advance, you can't predict weather that much ahead in time. OP should have made a rain date if that was an option (idk if it is)

a_nutritionist 10

...you dont need several months notice to bring an umbrella... "oh crap its raining like hell out there, but we didnt make the umbrella save the date!" no, you just pick up the umbrella and take it with you. thats how normal people do it.

cuz waking up on that morning and watching the weather channel needs months of planning...idiot

U should have said " its a new style"

wriptidez 0

a lot of weddings haave stuff go awry. its ok

ashesofempires04 7

park closer. get there early and get in your dress inside the church. people bend over backwards for a bride on her wedding day. also who doesn't take weather into account for a day that important?

lamaravilla1 0

that's a signs not to merry him but I bet $10000 that u did lol congrats

it will be a funny story to tell at your 25th anniversary party. of all the things that could go wrong - and some things I have seen gone wrong, slipping in the mud sucks but at least nobody ended up in the hospital.

This sounds like a very distressing situation, I'm sure I would've just given up and cried in my dirty dress. But you should've had at least some sort of cover, especially if it seemed cloudy enough. Hopefully, nothing else went wrong and you tried to enjoy the rest of your day a little. If not, then...whoops!

I don't get why the OP didn't ask (or demand) that the limo drop her off somewhere where there wasn't mud. Also, attempting to RUN in any type of ballgown is just asking for disaster..