By Mick - 20/02/2009 08:29 - United States

Today, I saw an elderly man fall in a crosswalk, so I jumped off my bike to help. As I helped him across, the light turned green. I then watched across a 6 lane street as someone stole my bike. FML
I agree, your life sucks 863 922
You deserved it 94 828

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MJD_fml 0

Altruism is selfless concern for the welfare of others. Take comfort in the fact that the reward for your deed is internal. Externally your phone and your bike were only material objects which can be replaced.

Comments

I know someone who called the cops on a robbery. When they were interviewing him for details, he bent down to tie his shoe and a tiny bag of weed dropped out of his pocket to the floor. He ended up getting arrested for possession. Up side? He's now dating a super model and graduating as the valedictorian at Yale...Don't worry, honey. Things get better.

dun worry dude, you helped that man for nothing, and expected nothing, something good is gunna happen soon

OMGyoupeople 0

my mother always said "no good deed goes unpunished" sorry dude.

yea dude the world is mean dont sweat it things will work out

Themiddlechild 0

No good deed goes unpunished.

Why does everyone seem to want his sausage inside you

gislince 0

man.. that can't be true lol

Brimioo 1

It's okay if you don't believe in Karma, but there is a similar line of thought that's much more definite. Chances are, if there's a guy who steals someone's bike, then they're not a generally good person, and probably get themselves into bad situations. Given this, eventually at some point probability will have it that the bad deed he does does not go unnoticed, and he will pay for it. You can at least take solace in the fact that the same logic holds true for you, and that your good deeds will one day go noticed and will be rewarded subsequently.