By Michelle C - 26/01/2009 03:44 - United States

Today, I saw a homeless man asking for money for food. Not wanting to give him money so he'd spend it on booze, I decided to buy him a full big mac meal from McDonalds. When I went to hand it to him, he quickly waved his hand, denying it saying, "Thanks but I'm a vegetarian". FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 744
You deserved it 5 563

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I disagree. When I give money to a homeless person I am trying to help them. if they then spend that money on alcohol or drugs I won't have improved their quality of life. If I were to give aid to a third world country expecting it to be spent on water or medicine but instead the government decided to spend it on guns I wouldn't think "I gave them the money it's theirs to do with as they will, I shouldn't dictate how they spend it" I would think "Why on earth is the money I sent to help being used to make the situation worse".

Perhaps he is a vegetarian? Eh. The only comment I was going to make was on the reference to not wanting him to go buy booze with the money they would have given them. Why do we feel that with the homeless we can decide what they spend money on. If you GIVE them money, they can choose to do whatever they want with it. Even if it is to buy a pint of whiskey. Nine times out of ten your couple of bucks isn't going to change their situation much anyway. Let them get hammered if they like. They're adults. If you feel the need to dictate what they should do with your money after you 'give' it to them, then just keep it to yourself.

Comments

Unsure_1 0

Why do you care what he spends it on.? If you give him money he can do whatever he wants with it.

A lot of homeless people are vegetarians. It's weird.

oldman_fml 0

Isn't it great we live in a country that has so much food even the beggars can be picky? Most people in the western world have no idea what true poverty is.

he should have picked it out, like we do with the pickles : D

Just eat it yourself. Problem solved.

that's so dumb of him, what homeless dude turns down food

thatonegirl14 0
fattypie101 0

haha u should have asked him first

Macromartyr 3

It's almost like investing into a persons life, that gives you the choice to dictate their spending habits. If your not interested in his business plan, don't invest in him :P.

Origami86 6

I like how people are so fast to judge homeless people and how they are going to spend the money on booze or drugs. Assuming that most people on here are college students or even younger or whatever, where do you guys spend your money on ? Yes, I'm pretty sure a huge chunk of your spending goes to booze and drugs. It's so easy and convenient to pick on the homeless. I guess he should invest in buying a wall unit or a cd rack for the home he doesn't have.