By Anonymous - 02/09/2013 05:14 - United States - Asheboro

Today, I received an email from my professor asking me not to jump ahead on assignments as it makes the other students look bad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 180
You deserved it 7 481

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ohro 10

Yeah, stop being so productive and smart

Comments

I wish my professor would simply grade my assignments and respond to emails. Consider yourself lucky.

So do the assignments but don't hand them in, keep them in a different folder & then hand them in when they're due. Or if you type your assignments, have a specific folder on your desktop for them. Don't let naysayers hold you back, think outside the box.

Fappy69 11

Don't listen OP, if You're smarter than most students that shouldn't stop you from being a good student.

Thunderfire70 7

Correct his marking next time you get an essay back.

Why would OP do something such as that? They would just be starting problems and asking for trouble.

Making the other students look bad? Oh lemme guess. You're one of those "high achievers" aren't you, OP. I bet you even study on Saturday nights instead of partying. Geez, OP. Why you gotta make the rest of us look bad? Because clearly that's the only reason you work so hard. It couldn't possibly be that you want to succeed in life.

perdix 29

#16, a really "high achiever" would do both! Where I went to school, parties didn't start warming up until around ten, so I could sneak in an hour or two doing a little homework before going out. So, yes, I'd start my Saturday evening like your stereotypical nerd, but then I'd go out, get drunk, get rejected by girls and throw up . . . and then, rinse, and repeat ;)

Then op would be an "Over Achiever". Trying to use school work and getting high marks, distinctions, awards etc, to compensate for something that's lacking in their lives. I wonder what kind of student you were and how that identity compares to what kind of person you are now...

It's probably more so that he doesn't lose them if they're handed in way in advance. Im surprised you can do them in advance- at my uni, assignments are generally given out a couple of weeks before they're due, so there's no way you can do them early (unless it's a project worth most of your grade).

thrAsHeRr9081 16

If it's an online course, it's easy to work ahead.

Do the assignments. Who cares? It's the other students fault not yours and how does it affect the lecturer?? I don't see how it does at all. Just do the work in the pace you want to!

Just don't hand them in until the due date, that way your ahead of yourself and he is none the wiser! Rather strange professor you have though.

It's just a pity that "that one person" happens to be older, further educated & teaching the class... And we think the SWAG & YOLO generation is iffy.... Just wait until they breed & have offspring of their own.... >.