By Heatherrolstonn - 29/05/2016 20:13 - United States - Suwanee

Today, I received an email asking for a Skype interview at 11 am sharp. I waited for half an hour. He never even accepted my contact request. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 867
You deserved it 937

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I bet hes on the other side saying "why is our interviewee offline"

neuronerd 28

Is your name on Skype professional? If it's not, that could be why they didn't accept it.

Comments

I bet hes on the other side saying "why is our interviewee offline"

ohthebloodygore 16

Not if she waited for over half an hour. Assuming the guy got on 45 minutes late for the interview and (while clearly lacking some intellect) was wondering as to why our sad OP here isn't online, at this point, would she even want the job? I wouldn't want to work for someone who doesn't understand punctuality or basic commuter knowledge (Skype isn't rocket science).

Considering the situation I'm sure they would allow for a reschedule

neuronerd 28

Is your name on Skype professional? If it's not, that could be why they didn't accept it.

Hopefully the issue gets resolved and you get the interview and the job. Best of luck!

Sound like you didn't get the job. Sorry. I don't like Skype/video interviews for some reason they make me more nervous then being there with the interviewer.

I don't like Skype interviews either. I've only ever been the interviewer over Skype and it still makes me more nervous than talking to someone in person.

Sounds like there will be a vacancy for that guy,s job soon. It's really unprofessional if he is doing interviews not to acept skype requests, especially as he emailed you, unless your skype name is something ridiculous like "xoxopartaygurl69xoxo". Hang in there and hope you get another crack at it soon.

Plot twist, it was supposed to be 11:00am his time which wasn't for 2.5 hours from when you stopped trying.

Good those skype interviews have turned up to be scams a lot of the time