By nochance - 05/03/2009 16:06 - United States

Today, I received a card in the mail. It was from my vet's office. Written inside was "We send our sympathy during this trying time." I haven't been home in three days. I can't find my dog and my mother won't talk about it. My dog was 7. She hated that dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 638
You deserved it 2 748

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you have got to be ******** me. that is NOT OK. oh my god. I'm so sorry.

Comments

If she did make the dog sick or something, she definitely needs to be reported for animal abuse, this is a very serious issue. People have gotten hefty fines or prison sentences over animal cruelty. (I know, it's very hard to report a relative and people usually don't.) In cases of poisoning, I guess it'd be hard to prove though... On the other hand, it may have been anything... a freak accident... an undetected medical condition... a fight with another pet...

There would still need to be explaining about why she won't talk about taking the dog to be put down.

BritneyS_Lovah 0

Oh god, that is horrible. I am so sorry. I can't believe anyone would ever do that. I agree with the others, that is definitely animal abuse if she did something. You have my sympathies.

Don_fml 0

To #7 - a lot of vets will indeed put a healthy animal to sleep. They may not like it, but they've got to make a living too, and there's no law against it. To the OP: My mom did the same thing to me, but it was two dogs, and I was 10 years old. I don't know your mom, but I do know that mine is evil... yours may be too. Mine now wonders why I never call, write or visit.

if I was a vet, and I had to put the dog down, I wouldn't ,I would rather keep the healthy dog, and make them pay for the "put down" that way, I have a new dog, and they don't, their loss

if I was a vet, and I had to put the dog down, I wouldn't ,I would rather keep the healthy dog, and make them pay for the "put down" that way, I have a new dog, and they don't, their loss

alliewillie 22

You're right, I suppose some vets will. The two animal hospitals I worked for though, refused to put down an animal unless it had a medical condition, cancer, old age, etc. It's considered unethical. They should have just refused.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You are an AWFUL person even if this comment is just a joke you're disgusting!

Don_fml 0

I almost forgot - she did the same thing to me with my cat when I left home and told me she'd run away. I still had two siblings at home, no reason to do it except to piss me off. Oh yeah - if your mom won't talk to you about it, go down to the vet and ask, there's no Dr./Patient confidentiality for vets. Ask the VET what happened to your dog.

#7 and #14: I'd be really surprised if a (serious) vet did that... OK, maybe I'm too naive...

mariposa93 0

#7, Sadly they absolutely will put healthy animals to sleep. Of course it depends on the vet. What about shelter dogs? Also, years ago my mom's dog got pregnant and my mom had half of the little puppies euthanized. It happens all the time. Sorry for your loss :( OP

that is horrible. You should confront your mother about this OP. I would go ape shit if something happened to my dog, thankfully my mother loves her as much as I do so it's ok, but I would seriously lose it.

pancakes_n_syrup 0

#18 you're mother sounds like a terrible person too..little puppies? Seriously? It's not hard to find homes for little puppies..what a bitch.

Actually it is a good thing because the mother doesn't have enough milk to Feed all the pups anyway.

kelseysue92 0