By TheLoneSoul - 13/09/2015 14:22 - France

Today, I received a call from my wife. It would've been great if she hadn't left on a business trip 3 years ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 133
You deserved it 1 611

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So what exactly does your wife do other than another man/woman?

Comments

SmittyJA24 26

You say this like it's a bad thing; I wish my wife would leave... 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 years, I'll take what I can get!

You say this like it's a normal thing. If this is true, you need marriage counseling.

This is such a common joke and it's actually very concerning. There's a very pervasive attitude of marriage being restricting and horrible and honestly why would you get married if this is how you feel about it?

That is confusing af. Totally follow up on this. :P

Sathane 21

I watched a documentary once about a man who went into this thing called a fugue state and just wandered off. Started a new life under another name and all kinds of stuff. One day years later he snapped out of it and called his wife confused why he was in another state. He had no memories of the years he'd spent away. This is and kidnapped/held against her will in oppressive regime she was spying (as spy or journalist) on are the only valid explanations that don't lead to an immediate divorce.

Maybe she had to go into witness protection

I can't think of a reason that she would go into witness protection and her immediate family (i.e. husband) would not. Unless OP wrote this from jail...

Immediate family probably goes into protection too, because normally the family is also a target. I have no idea on Benjamin Kyle. This was ten plus years ago that I watched it. Tried to look it up but all I found were more recent cases, women, wrong country, or Agatha Christie.

Was it a boating trip? Was it on the SS Minor? I heard they had a tragic accident when the weather started getting rough.

what? how did you not know? what's been going on in those three years..