By TheLoneSoul - 13/09/2015 14:22 - France

Today, I received a call from my wife. It would've been great if she hadn't left on a business trip 3 years ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 132
You deserved it 1 611

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So what exactly does your wife do other than another man/woman?

Comments

ourtneyc 14

so in that 3 years have you moved on and found someone else while legally married? there's so many questions that need answering lol

oNisao 21

This fml brings so many questions. What does she do? Why do you still refer to her as your wife if there was no contact in 3 years? Wth actually happened?

leogachi 15

@18 He would refer to her as his wife because they are still legally married. They're estranged spouses, but they're still married.

If he told the FML starting out with estranged wife there would have been no suspense.

@ 21 I'm not sure of the laws in France, but after a certain amount of time without hearing from her he could have gotten a divorce due to abandonment, or he could have even had her declared legally dead because she disappeared.

I believe It's 7 years no contact where I'm from. Not sure about other places though.

leogachi 15

@21 I'm assuming that he did nothing because he referred to her as his wife. I don't think I'm wrong in assuming that they're still married, because if they weren't he wouldn't have called her his wife.

It's 10 years where I'm from without seen or hearing.

All work no play? Nahhh... She's all play. (;

I saw the "3 years ago" before I saw the business trip part and thought it was going to say she died 3 years ago...

Unless she was stranded on an island for those 3 years, I doubt she can dig herself out of this hole.

Was she declared legally dead within 3 years missing?

Probably something in the adult entertainment sector... Call it client services.

what was the call about OP? we definitely need a follow up on this one