By bananamuffin - 30/03/2012 19:13 - United States

Today, I realized that the "holla" tattoo I stupidly got on my lower lip five years ago isn't fading as I expected it to, and will probably contribute to my unemployment for years to come. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 009
You deserved it 74 019

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kiran_fml 5

Why would you EVER consider doing that??

at least youve come to grips with the stupidity of your purchase!

Comments

Getting inked is cool if done well and tastefully. In your case YDI for choosing so poorly.

MissHayleyJames 7

I have 2 tattoos. Both are small and only one is visible, but I can cover it if I need to. I'll never understand why people get giant rainbow dragons across half their body and then get all pissy when they don't get hired somewhere though. Tattoos are not professional looking and everyone should think about that before getting one. If you want one, make sure it's somewhere not visible or somewhere you can cover. Otherwise don't be surprised if you have a hard time getting a job.

MissHayleyJames 7

I have a small wrist tattoo that I've had 4 years and none of mine has faded either an my guy said I'd need it touched up periodically too. Some of us are just special I guess.

They have tattoo coverup and it works great, you should get some.

awepeach 3

It doesn't have to contribute to your unemployment. You can get the tattoo removed, or filled in. Many people have cosmetic tattoo, so you can get a consultation for free and see if they could do anything for you. Or you could work in a place like a bar or shop where tattoos are celebrated. Really, it's probably not as ridiculous as you think. I think it's brave that you made such a statement like that because so many people would never be free enough to take a chance like that. Many people just follow the crowd, afraid to be themselves. I wish I could see more unafraid people just being themselves.

MissHayleyJames 7

It's great to be yourself, but don't expect to get a professional job like that.

Depending on what kind of employment you want tattoos can be a bad idea. There is nothing wrong wit getting a tattoo but as far as locations go you shouldn't get anything that will show when you are wearing a suit.

I agree. I will never date someone with tattoos I just think they're ugly. My opinion only. If you have them good for you but they are not for me or my future spouse.

why the blazes would you expect it to fade?

Because tattoos do eventually fade. Not disappear, just fade. Sometimes it takes longer than others but unless it gets retouched a tattoo will fade over time

Ydi but i hope you're not getting unemployment checks because we shouldn't all have to pay for your stupid mistake...