By mooseknuckle - 31/05/2009 17:11 - United States

Today, I realized that the closest thing I have to a savings account is the cup on my dresser with coins in it. I counted it, $17.34. That is my savings. I'm 28. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 809
You deserved it 50 726

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nammz 0

you're pathetic get a job ydi

LTMcleod 0

to bad you don't buy your own food, electricity, gas, insurance, maybe heat, water bill, furniture. :p

Comments

philosopher 0

Well, not really... A savings account at least has interest (albeit not much unless you have like 50,000+). Otherwise it's just another regular "account". If you have something to show for it at least, then good for you. If not, then yeah, FYL.

purple_roses 0

I hate the everyone is saying, "get a job." Odds are, you have a job. Having a job doesn't change the fact that you need to pay rent/mortgage bills every month, along with insurance, electric, and phone bills. Half the people here are kids like #10, saying, "I'm half your age and have more than that." Yes, little 14-year-old, you probably get a nice allowance and your parents set you up a bank account when you were little. How convenient. Thank you #21--I completely agree.

35: I don't have a job and I have almost 2000 dollars in my savings account. You save up all the money u get for ur birthday and other holidays and when ur 18, u get social security. It's not that hard to get a lot of money without having a job. OP: even tho I just said u can have a lot of money without a job, u need to get one bcuz 1) u don't save the money u somehow manage to get and 2) ur 28 yrs old-u should have a job at that age.

Yeah, I agree with #37 AND #38. Because you aren't being financially responsible, you go here to post about it? Congratulations. I hope things work out for you, though. Posting on here probably opened your eyes a bit. (sarcasm) Holy crap, #37 and #38 are the same person! o.O (/sarcasm)

bosco_kk 0

Get a job, I mean you are 28 lol.

omg dude! why don't you have a job?!

LittleMel4 0

why do you assume he has no job...idiots.

To all you people that say get a job etc (the 16 year old with $600 saved up for retirment) its not that we dont have jobs. I have one, and I have a little savings account. It only has maybe $900 in it. Mostly because im $20000 in the hole with student loans, I pay rent, I have car payments, as well as credit cards that I need to pay. So when you become of age and stop living under your parents roof, when you actually have to pay for shit like groceries, rent and utilities, good luck saving shit.